Sony Intends To Lure Xbox 360 Owners With New PS3 Bundles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony Intends To Lure Xbox 360 Owners With New PS3 Bundles

Sony's vice president of hardware marketing John Koller revealed that the $270 PlayStation 3 – Uncharted 3 bundle was designed with a specific audience in mind: existing Xbox 360 owners.

"We have seen a very high interest rate from Xbox 360 consumers wanting to purchase a second console," he said. "We've held up Uncharted 3 as our flagship product over the last year and it's a good opportunity for those types of consumers to come over and own a second console in their household. We saw the same kind of thing happen in reverse during the PS2 years when a lot of PS2 consumers said they wanted to get an Xbox because of Halo and some other games. So we think the strategy works and it's a good one."

Koller then affirmed the company’s commitment to the PlayStation 3. "We're going to continue supporting the PS3 for the next few years," he said. "Absolutely. And we're going to continue supporting it not only that long, but as long as there is a development spigot that's running hot. And I can tell you right now, the development spigot for PS3 is very hot. A lot of great games coming. Same thing with PS2…it's kind of stuck around as that old warrior, many years after its launch. But there's still games launching for it."

Yeah, nice bundle & great machine - best blu-ray around...
    sigpic

Comment

best of luck consoles gamers
      Special thanks to SiniuS for VIP giveaway and those who supported me!

Comment

Both consoles are great ( i own only a ps3 ) but have gotta say : if you can afford it, buy a ps3. The exclusivities are incredible !
        Hell i'd buy a xbox360 too if i could :)
        ._.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsmoke View Post
          best of luck consoles gamers
          ::highfive:: Console gaming's fine but I love me some keyboard and mouse.

In all seriousness though, this gen has gone on far too long. Maybe when there's some new tech I'll take a look again.

Comment

Originally posted by kent View Post

In all seriousness though, this gen has gone on far too long. Maybe when there's some new tech I'll take a look again.

hahahahah i like that pic :001_tt2:
            Special thanks to SiniuS for VIP giveaway and those who supported me!

Comment

Good 1 :)

but i must say some games are truly enjoyed on PC .

Comment

I prefer the xbox360 titles (Halo, Gears of War...). It comes down to personal preference. I dont like the fact that the Playstation network was hacked and was down for an extended period of time.

Comment

lol awesome picture my good man!! Used to be a hardcore PC gamer myself and would always laugh at people that play FPS's on the consoles. Finally one day, decided to pick up a 360 and have to admit that its a lot easier and cheaper in the long run..

Don't have to worry about updating the graphics card every year or so.. Don't have to worry about specifications etc.. Just pick up a 360 CD and pop it in on huge TV...

If i had the money, I would definitely go to the PC again but with current responsibilities, its just to damn expensive to keep up with the times

Comment

Working...
                  X