Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you see any benefit of playing games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you see any benefit of playing games?

Do you see any benefit of playing games?

Start posting your Views......

(sorry if you don't like this thread because there are some game-lovers(like me:-D) )
    Yes
    82.86%
    No
    17.14%

Thank you very much SB for Giving me VIP
    if you want any help from me just feel free to PM me Anytime

I think, in term of production, that's is not the best activity that you can do. Sport is better for the health for example. Studying is better for knowledge. But the fact is that, after a day of work, it can be nice to play (I play myself). Other people will watch TV. Some video game may develop skills (like organisation).

Some people may think that you do nothing when you play at video games, but watching TV show is the same for me. And when we go back 60 years ago, but didn't had TV and computer's. So they were talking, waiting, sewing (for the ladies), etc.

In conclusion, I play video game to relax.

Have a nice day !

Comment

I think the medium of video games has a lot of unexplored potential still when it comes to knowledge. I really do think they have the highest potential to make learning fun, and therefore more sustainable.

Now if you're talking about the current games that the majority of players play... such as CoD:MW or Resident Evil... I think there is pretty limited value to getting good at these games. When it comes to RPGs... well I learned a large amount of my vocabulary from playing RPGs, it also expanded my imagination, and I believe gave me good insight into the human mind. Also increased my reading speed dramatically. Strategy games such as LoL or SC2 probably have more value than something like CoD or something, as I believe the strategy in it could increase your critical thinking capabilities.

Comment

Yea ! puzzle games shaperness the mind and let's not forget strategy games. A game with lots of challenges it makes you put the hamster to work.
        @ off - i hate it when you say " i was playing a game " you to get " you are not a kid anymore "
        ._.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandaslife View Post
          I think, in term of production, that's is not the best activity that you can do. Sport is better for the health for example. Studying is better for knowledge. But the fact is that, after a day of work, it can be nice to play (I play myself). Other people will watch TV. Some video game may develop skills (like organisation).

Some people may think that you do nothing when you play at video games, but watching TV show is the same for me. And when we go back 60 years ago, but didn't had TV and computer's. So they were talking, waiting, sewing (for the ladies), etc.

In conclusion, I play video game to relax.

Have a nice day !
          I agree, everything in moderation, games are today s art in my personal opinion.

And today coding is more acceptable to the end user, look how many mods are out there, fans created content(maybe that would somebody want to buy--a way to make some extra money)

Comment

Yes playing games makes me happy

Comment

It really depends on the game. Puzzle games on my phone are fun to kill time and keep my mind sharp. Shooters are fun to play when you just wanna let off some steam. RPGs are some of my favorites (Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy) because they lure you into a world that is magical, like a good book or movie. Most RPGs also tend to have amazing soundtracks too.
              -- cvf4

Comment

Originally posted by cvf4 View Post
                It really depends on the game. Puzzle games on my phone are fun to kill time and keep my mind sharp. Shooters are fun to play when you just wanna let off some steam. RPGs are some of my favorites (Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy) because they lure you into a world that is magical, like a good book or movie. Most RPGs also tend to have amazing soundtracks too.
                depends with which shooter you wanna let off some steam lol
                OT - I think playing games is good, as long as it doesn't become too much that you don't do homework, study, sport etc. in moderation

Comment

Tbh, I think it depends on if you play with yourself All that thumb action can really come in handy.

Comment

Of course....If you like to play and you enjoying it , and when you doing this not affect other matters in your life, i thinks is ok.
                    Personally i love to play sometimes, the only bad thing is you can get addict so easy

Show respect to all people, but grovel to none
                    Rules / How to Give an iGiver / Invite Giveaway Guide / FAQ / Banned Countries

Comment

I also feel that RPGs have helped me improve my vocabulary. They gave also helped improve my reading speed.
                      sigpic
                      Giveaways
                      10% 10% 33% Bonuses Misc

Comment

Yes!!!

It kills times when I'm bored

Comment

There fun to play and they can teach you real wold knowledge while your playing them, Especially the military games they can teach you warfare :)
                          sigpic

All that we see or seem, Is but a dream within a dream

Unlimited (MYA) 5x (3DT) 9x(FF) 1x(TD) 1x(ST) 10xPTF)

Comment

They are the best bang for your buck entertainment value. As much as I love Avengers, that was 2.5 hours for $19 bucks at an Imax theatre (not to mention the ridiculous concession prices). Final Fantasy VII I bought for $50 and put at LEAST 150 hrs on it (Golden Chocobo, Knights of the Round, etc).

Comment

There have been many instances where the knowledge that you get with playing the games has helped the people playing them.
                              For Example:
                              Violent video games can help treat PTSD
                              Video games can teach you:
                              - Resource Management
                              - Organization
                              - Perfect Timing
                              - and Ironicaly, Basic morality.

(5 Real Skills Video Games Have Secretly Been Teaching Us | Cracked.com)
                              Source ^

Comment

Working...
                              X