What book are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a great thread btw!!

Spy Catcher- The Candid Autobiography of a Senior Intelligence Officer - Peter Wright

Comment

• I've just finished "The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel - The Necromancer" - Michael Scott.. And started "Mortal Engines" by Philip Reeve.

Comment

• I just finished Ship Breaker, by Paolo Bacigalupi. I devoured his entire bibliography in a month, I couldn't put them down. Ship Breaker has a sort of Ender's Game feel to it, and it's all about the world post-abundance where children crawl through the guts of ancient oil tankers for scavenge to survive.

Now I'm reading Watership Down. I'm loving it so far, even if I have had to explain to all my coworkers that it's a book about bunny rabbits >.>

Comment

• Originally posted by MetalGearMKII View Post
          Now I'm reading Watership Down. I'm loving it so far, even if I have had to explain to all my coworkers that it's a book about bunny rabbits >.>
          Great book, I enjoyed that one a lot too. Same with Animal Farm and I love the Redwall series even though now I can't read them, getting too old.

Right now, I'm reading A Storm Of Swords (GOT book 3) and The Golden Compass. I know Compass is technically a kids book like Redwall but I've heard too many great things about it so I had to give it a chance. I don't really like main characters that are kids but so far, this is pretty damn good. Game of Thrones, amazing. I used to think whatever but several friends finally convinced me to read the first book and yeah, I'm glad I did.

Comment

• I've finally started reading Orwells 1984, and I can not believe I've not read it before. So far it's every bit as awesome as I thought/hoped/heard it'd be. Though then again that might be a reason I've not read it before, I often get disappointed when I'm expecting too much. ;)

Comment

• Suicide Factory Sean O'Neill its good
              sigpic

Comment

• Linux for dummies

I'm a big fan of "for dummies series " ,I learned XHTML and CSS from this

Comment

• Just finished Zodiac by Neal Stephenson and now I'm reading Battle for Cascadia - the 2ndbBook in The Gaia Wars series by Kenneth Bennett
                  Thanks to Flobie for the VIP!

Comment

• Wilbur Smith: Those in Peril

Comment

• Kirk Douglas' autobiography: Dustman's Son.
                      sigpic

Comment

• The House of Morgan: An American Banking Dynasty and the Rise of Modern Finance by Ron Chernow

Awesome book on the history of banking + JP Morgan Chase

Comment

• Unorthodox by Deborah Feldman. It's a non-fiction account of a woman who was raised as a Satmar Hasidic Jew, and her efforts to free her self and her son from the religious traditions that have ruled her life.

Comment

• About to start the new Terry Pratchett book - Dodger. Looking forward to it

Comment

• I'm reading Judas Unchained, which concludes the Commonwealth Saga started with Pandora Star. The two books are really just two halves of a VERY long novel. I'm enjoying it quite a lot (it's an epic space opera), although probably some parts should have been edited to make it a little shorter!

Comment

• George R.R. Martin: A Dance with Dragons

Comment

Working...
                                X