What book are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What book are you currently reading?

What books are you guys currently reading? Tell us about them here!

Right now I am reading the Left Behind series by Tim Lahaye and Jerry Jenkins. The books are biblical apocalyptic Christian fiction about the end-of-the-world events described in the book of Revelation.

They're truly fascinating books that take you on a terrifying and suspenseful adventure. The books should appeal to anyone who likes an edge-of-the-seat read that leaves you breathless for more. Even non religious folks can enjoy these books, as long as they can tolerate the sometimes preachy overtones.

Tell me, have you read these books? Did you like them? Not like them? Tell us why!

And please - no spam!

I am Reading Good Bye Mr.Chips
    By James Hilton
    Its a good novel not much long a and bit sensual too.......

Comment

I am hooked to "Autobiography of Malcolm X" by Alex Haley..Very gripping

Comment

Well i'm micheal crichton fan..all the way.I finished all his books..but 2 still remains...i got my hand on "NEXT" a few days ago....and is currently on that.

As always MC rules. ;)
        Uggh!

Comment

Why Do Men Have Nipples? Hundreds of Questions You'd Only Ask a Doctor After Your Third Martini by Mark Leyner and Billy Goldberg

Interesting enough so far, although in some cases a most thorough explanation would be appreciated.

Comment

I am a massive Sci-Fi/Fantasy fan, to be more specific, the sword and sorcery genre. Currently I am re-reading Terry Goodkinds Sword of Truth series. It is truly excellent.

For anyone interested in the same thing as me I can recommend a number of superb Authors/Series.

Jameo's must read Sword and Sorcery list:
            Raymond E Feist: Riftwar/Sepentwar/Demonwar Sagas
            Terry Goodkind: Sword of Truth
            Robert Jordon: Wheel of time
            Brent Weeks: Night Angel Trilogy (This is truly exceptional)
            Patrick Rothfuss: The Kingkiller Chronicle (Name of the wind, is the first book, and the only one currently out, but is one of the best of the genre, a very promising series)
            Trudi Canavan: The Black Magician trilogy, The Age of the Five

I have many others if your like recommendations, but these are the best :)

The first S&S novels I read (besides Tolkien) were David Eddings series, The Belgariad, and Malloreon. Although a bit more basic, these are still very good.

My all time favourite novel however, is not S&S, but is Catch 22, by Joseph Heller. Be prepared to read it twice before you fall in love with it :)
            Need Help? Then join our IRC Channel

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8...dsigjameo2.png

Thanks to HummingBird - TankGirl - Trevor - Mavarachi - Stevenb 1989 - All those guys in red

You know why

Comment

Originally posted by Jameo View Post
              I am a massive Sci-Fi/Fantasy fan, to be more specific, the sword and sorcery genre. Currently I am re-reading Terry Goodkinds Sword of Truth series. It is truly excellent.

For anyone interested in the same thing as me I can recommend a number of superb Authors/Series.

Jameo's must read Sword and Sorcery list:
              Raymond E Feist: Riftwar/Sepentwar/Demonwar Sagas
              Terry Goodkind: Sword of Truth
              Robert Jordon: Wheel of time
              Brent Weeks: Night Angel Trilogy (This is truly exceptional)
              Patrick Rothfuss: The Kingkiller Chronicle (Name of the wind, is the first book, and the only one currently out, but is one of the best of the genre, a very promising series)
              Trudi Canavan: The Black Magician trilogy, The Age of the Five

I have many others if your like recommendations, but these are the best :)

The first S&S novels I read (besides Tolkien) were David Eddings series, The Belgariad, and Malloreon. Although a bit more basic, these are still very good.

My all time favourite novel however, is not S&S, but is Catch 22, by Joseph Heller. Be prepared to read it twice before you fall in love with it :)
              I've also read The Black Magician trilogy and enjoyed it quite a bit. I'll check out some of your other recommendations :)
              Thanks!

Comment

Kokofan, try the Brent Weeks trilogy first :)

Thanks to HummingBird - TankGirl - Trevor - Mavarachi - Stevenb 1989 - All those guys in red

You know why

Comment

I am now reading Chetan Bhagat's "5 point someone"

Comment

I'm reading the second book of the Night Watch series, "Day Watch" by Sergey Lukyanenko. It's a fantasy novel about the ancient struggle between Light and Dark 'Others' (people with the special ability to enter the Twilight and to use magic) set in Russia. I can really recommend the Night Watch series.

I'm waiting for the delivery of the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris. After 3 seasons of True Blood, I've become quite curious about these books.

Comment

i just finished reading The lost symbol by dan brown, and to be honest i wasn't very pleased with this book even it was everything you expected from him but somehow for me something is missing,don't exactly what,maybe a read trough again...

the wife try me if i could read i think Eat love and pray but no chance
                      proud member-

Comment

@Subkar:

A-ha a fellow MC fan, nice to know :)

personally my fav among his
                        1. Andromeda Strain - a fantastic sci-fi novel - must read
                        2. Timeline (a very close 2nd btw) - absolutely butchered by the movie

Next is also good, i got all his books in lit format, but want to get hold of hard-copies as well

As i said in another thread in this Library forum, i read a lots of books at the same time

at the moment:
                        1. The shining - saw the movie before starting the novel(big mistake), so the book doesn't feel suspenseful enough..
                        2. Winter hawk - craig thomas - not that impressed by it
                        3. Stay Hungry Stay Foolish - a book documenting the rise of 25 IIM (the leading Management University in India) students to fame thru entrepreneurship.. - A good read
                        4. Kane & Abel - Jeffrey Archer - just started
                        Last edited by amuntVCF; September 29, 2010, 02:46 PM. Reason: more thoughts

Thanks to Trevor for repping me in

I dont have any GAs open. If you want invites to any of the trackers listed below, see me in T-I irc :-D
                        waffles::freshon::AO.me::iPT::TL::BG::CG::HDME.eu: :PTM::RHL

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/4793/15zo8hw.gif

Comment

I love this book....
                          Wheel of time written by Robert Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by Rain View Post
                            I love this book....
                            Wheel of time written by Robert Jordan
                            You should DEFINITELY read Terry Goodkinds Sword of truth then Rain, if you like the above, you'll love this! :)

You know why

Comment

I too was disappointed with the Lost Symbol, despite my like of his past famous novels. I found myself re-reading the Count of Monte Christo after watching the latest movie version butcher it for me.

The book rocks

Comment

Working...
                              X