What's your favorite horror novel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite horror novel?

Ive been reading scary stories lately. I like Jackson's "Hill House" and King's "The Shining."

It......king
    the stand.....king
    the fog.....hebert
    exorcist.....blatty
    the cellar......laymon
    the keep.....wilson
    the rising....keene
    i am legend....matheson

these are just a few of my favs.
    special thanks to extJSDB for the VIP. special thanks to SiniuS for the avatar.
    sigpic
    "Alea iacta est." - The die is cast

"Veni, vidi, vici!" - I came, I saw, I conquered.

caesar....

Comment

James Herbert's "The Rats Trilogy" and "The Fog" comes to mind

Comment

I don't need to read horror.... I once watched the local news and that was enough to scare the begeez out of me.

Comment

H.P. Lovecraft - Anything

Comment

I'm currently sucked into vampire books! Have been ever since Twilight. I love horror movies, I need to take some of your guys suggestions and start reading some!

However, I DID just get off my vampire books, and I'm currently reading a 90's X-Files book I bought 7 of them off eBay for like $4! Paperback, but who cares!

Comment

ATMOM-Lovecraft
              The Cellar- Laymon
              American Psycho- Ellis
              The Ceremonies- T.E.D. Klein
              120 Days of Sodom- De Sade

Comment

Wow. I'm actually surprised by how many books I would choose have already been listed here. You guys have good taste!

1. Anything by Lovecraft is great.
                2. American Psycho - Ellis. I don't think I would classify this as horror, though. More whacked out than anything I suppose.
                3. The Great And Secret Show & Everville (Can't wait for the third!) - Barker.
                4. Hellbound Heart - Barker
                5. Desperation and The Regulators - King/Bachman
                6. Off Season and The Girl Next Door - Ketchum
                7. The Dark Tower series - King

Comment

Originally posted by PowerMan572 View Post
                  I'm currently sucked into vampire books! Have been ever since Twilight. I love horror movies, I need to take some of your guys suggestions and start reading some!

However, I DID just get off my vampire books, and I'm currently reading a 90's X-Files book I bought 7 of them off eBay for like $4! Paperback, but who cares!
                  During your vampire stint, did you get a chance to check out The Passage by Justin Cronin? It's the first part of a planned trilogy. I loved it and also the second one (The Twelve) which I just finished reading. I kind of consider them horror, but not really scary, more of a thriller that you can't put down. But you don't have to take my word for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Intelectual View Post
                    During your vampire stint, did you get a chance to check out The Passage by Justin Cronin? It's the first part of a planned trilogy. I loved it and also the second one (The Twelve) which I just finished reading. I kind of consider them horror, but not really scary, more of a thriller that you can't put down. But you don't have to take my word for it!

I did not get a chance to read this! Have not heard from them. I am looking it up now on Amazon LOL I have so many eBooks in my Wish List on Amazon Helps me keep track of the books I still need to read.

I can't wait until I'm done with school. Will have way more time for reading (amongst other things, too)

Comment

Salem's muthafugginh Lot. STILL creeps me the fuck out.

Comment

Originally posted by shareho View Post
                        Salem's muthafugginh Lot. STILL creeps me the fuck out.

I actually just finished reading that a couple of months ago for the first time. I was a little disappointed with it actually, but I think that might be because I knew ahead of time what the secret was.

Comment

Jean Christophe Grange - Black Blood.

Comment

Stephen King - Tommyknockers
                            How to become a Power User on specific trackers

Comment

The Pit and the Pendulum - Edgard Alan Poe

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X