Martial Arts / Fighting Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martial Arts / Fighting Sports

Do you practice any? Or maybe just like watching?

I'm a temporarly retired kick-boxer with some medals, an almost-coach (had to leave the town before I started the job, I plan tol get back to it soon). I'd also trained kyokushin-kay kan karate for 5 years as a kid (9-14 y/o, a lil' more than half the way to the black belt and I got bored, hehe).

You might be surprised but I don't really like watching any fighting sports / martial arts on TV. I actually don't at all. I'm also not a big fan of karate movies (now, 'cause I was being like 6 y/o), but I found the Fight Quest documentary series at Discovery interesting.
    Last edited by adenai; May 14, 2009, 09:42 PM.

I used to do quite abit of kendo :) always fun smacking someone with a stick :P
    Also currently starting muay thai
    I dont really watch it that often unless its on tv when im going through channels
    i like stuff.

Comment

I've never took part in it myself though like watching ufc fights, and the shows alright to!

Comment

I'm too lazy to take part in any form of MMA, but I sure as hell love watching it. I can't wait until Gsp and Anderson Silva fight. It will be at a catch weight, but it should be one hell of a fight.

Comment

I used to practice martial Tai-Chi and Hsing-I - Both badass internal martial arts - Haven't found the spirit though to return to practice.

I think MMA was a godsend to the combat sports on TV..MMA will give boxing a run for it's money in years to come.

You can always hit the THANKS button at the bottom of posts or the http://www.torrent-invites.com/style...reputation.gif at the bottom left if you've been helped by someone.

Comment

yeah I think it already has cut into boxings profit!
            Mma has more action inky opinion!

Comment

when i first started watching MMA i just happened to catch it while surfing the channels, this was about 3.5 years ago, man i used to get stomach cramps from getting so involved with the show... and the brutality used to be more intense , now it's not as hard core or maybe i'm just getting used to seeing it, i love it , love it, love it....
              one of my favorite fights of all time was the stephen bonner vs forrest griffin match up for the ultimate fighter contract... those guys just slugged it out , and it was very entertaining...

but generally i prefer watching jiu jitsu mostly cuz i love watching guys come out of almost submissions or love creative subitions...
              sigpic

Comment

The UFC is awesome

At the highest level, like GSP and Anderson Silva, there is such a commitment to excellence that it amazes me what one can accomplish with the physical body

I have always been into fitness and health, but never really any martial arts

I am doing P90X

Presently looking into TACFIT, kettlebells, and krav maga
                Looking For:
                HDBits.org

Comment

I used to take lessons, but now, I just like to watch.

Comment

I used to practice Jiu-Jitsu back in brazil...
                    right now i aint doing anything

Comment

i watch boxing.. never done it tho

Comment

I'm an active practitioner of Taekwondo. I've been training for 8 years and currently trying to attain my 2nd degree blackbelt.

Comment

Fight training is the most difficult training there is. Period.

Comment

In my eyes mma has surpassed boxing or any other martial arts, but I still love hold respect for boxing's greats.

Comment

Was just watching ufc 99 yesterday and man I love it... I truly enjoy mma with all my heart... its a great sport and and surprise and talent in every fight is amazing.

Comment

Working...
                              X