NFL Football is back!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Football is back!!

Roger Goodell and DeMaurice Smith along with NFL owners and players announce the finalization of a new labor deal and share their thoughts on the negotiating process.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...content_stream

What are your Favorite Teams?

I'm a Philadelphia Eagles Fan
    Last edited by IIIIIIIII; August 12, 2011, 05:27 PM.

Re: Football is back!!

I love my Colts, I still think the NFL season will be rough this year.

Comment

Bears, although admittadly i've only watched a small ammount of american football for the past 2 seasons. It's just dragged out which sucks.. I hope they shorten the game like they are planning with MLB - Huge baseball fan, player and supporter who realises the leagues best drag games out to kill momentum... it's a joke.

BEARS WIN BEARS WIN THE SUPERBOWL
      People I trust & vouch for: Ethicks, NuzzA, an5555, gigaleech, DruBored, JustJenna, Signus, NeAce, Pike, Rawagan, tenten, Bud, vegas

Comment

Originally posted by reksat View Post
        Bears, although admittadly i've only watched a small ammount of american football for the past 2 seasons. It's just dragged out which sucks.. I hope they shorten the game like they are planning with MLB - Huge baseball fan, player and supporter who realises the leagues best drag games out to kill momentum... it's a joke.

BEARS WIN BEARS WIN THE SUPERBOWL
        shorten the game?? why?
        An NFL game is 60 minutes of game time, divided into 4 quarters of 15 minutes.
        i live in charlotte north carolina, home of the carolina panthers. i attend a few games a year with my son, and it seems the game fly's by!
        a regular game lasts about 3 hrs from kickoff thru the final whistle { this includes, commercial breaks, time-outs, change of quarters, halftime,etc..}
        i take it your a soccer fan, which plays 90 minutes with only a halftime. no breaks, continuous clock.
        now please all you soccer fans, dont take this the wrong way, but you can leave the tv and go and take a shower, make something to eat, and then comeback to the game...and most likely you really have not missed much. soccer is a low scoring game. many games end in 1-0 or even 0-0.
        so i open myself up for some flaming, but i do watch some premiership soccer and enjoy it. {man-city}
        special thanks to extJSDB for the VIP. special thanks to SiniuS for the avatar.
        sigpic
        "Alea iacta est." - The die is cast

"Veni, vidi, vici!" - I came, I saw, I conquered.

caesar....

Comment

I mean shorten the time outs the breaks inbetween each down, the conversions.. Speed the breaks up.. I know it's 15minutes of actual game time but it's really like 30-40 minutes with all the stoppages..

I could argue the same for american football.. i've had a shower gone back down stairs and with the time outs and stoppages i've missed maybe 1minute of game time.. Football (you refer as soccer but it is the game which uses feet) is without a doubt more explosive because the fact the scorelines are so much closer/lower. It makes the wait for that goal explosive and entertaining.. It's more of a chess strategy to continue to open up the defense to find the weakest.

That being said i still enjoy NFL just as mentioned they need to shorten the bs breaks they have for every down / play.

You read game as the actual time on the field.. I mean the whole event which is the game including the breaks/time outs/downs/conversions/change of posession etc etc)

This argument could go on for ever, just as long as you realise that I'm talking about the game as a whole and not just the playing time.
          Last edited by reksat; August 9, 2011, 06:58 PM.
          People I trust & vouch for: Ethicks, NuzzA, an5555, gigaleech, DruBored, JustJenna, Signus, NeAce, Pike, Rawagan, tenten, Bud, vegas

Comment

Re: NFL Football is back!!

Go Falcons! I just hope they can win some postseason games this year. Julio for offensive R.O.Y.!

Comment

Working...
            X