Star Wars episode 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars episode 7

They recently accounced that Star Wars episode 7 is officially going to be directed by JJ Abrams. I personally think he is a great director (star trek was awesome). Anyone else excited about this reboot and/or have anything to say on the topic feel free to leave some feedback!

I'm torn. I love the old Star Wars and hate the new ones so I imagine this one will be better than 1,2,3..but I dunno. I have high hopes but I won't be surprised if it's pretty bad with a shit ton of CGI.
    I'm just glad George Lucas isn't writing or directing. Thank god.
    I also heard Samuel Jackson is dieing for a role in the movie. That should be interesting :). Also looking forward to Mark Hamill to reprise his role.

Comment

I am glad JJ Abrams got it... If he does it any justice like he did star trek (my fav mov of all time) I'\ll be plenty happy... Hopefully he gets the rest as well..

Comment

I'm concerned with JJ that it'll simply become another sci-fi action movie and lose the base of what Star Wars really was.

Though, it's a slight relief that JJ is a Star Wars fanboy.

Comment

If he can capture the essence of Star Wars (which the prequels missed), it will be wonderful

Comment

I seriously think that if JJ can swing it, he should convince Disney to let him veer away from the main storyline and not do a direct sequel to Jedi but maybe do something like the Grand Admiral Thrawn stuff from the perspective of someone other than the main Starwars characters.

But is anybody else kinda concerned that we now have the same man doing Star Wars and Star Trek? Kinda spooky...
            sigpic

"Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." - My homeboy Buddha.

| TI FAQ's | TI Rules | TI Giveaway Guide | TI Introduction Guide |

--End Of Line--

Comment

George Lucas has signed on as a creative consultant. I have high hopes for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Draeyth View Post
                I seriously think that if JJ can swing it, he should convince Disney to let him veer away from the main storyline and not do a direct sequel to Jedi but maybe do something like the Grand Admiral Thrawn stuff from the perspective of someone other than the main Starwars characters.

But is anybody else kinda concerned that we now have the same man doing Star Wars and Star Trek? Kinda spooky...
                He's probably an alien... but then you already knew that!

Comment

Originally posted by GirlWonder View Post
                  He's probably an alien... but then you already knew that!
                  Haha, yeah he probably is. He probably is.
                  sigpic

"Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." - My homeboy Buddha.

--End Of Line--

Comment

My opinion of JJ Abrams is that he's kind of average... I don't really hate or love him as a director. What I would be more interested to know is who the screenwriter is. The last time the screenwriter was George Lucas, and no offense to any fans, but I thought ALL 3 prequels were utterly stupid. I just couldn't care less about the story, and for the most part hated all the characters.

The actors did a terrible job too (except Palpatine), but that was George Lucas' fault as a director. The other things were his fault as a screenwriter. (Can you tell I didn't like those movies?)

Comment

Originally posted by HoneyShuriken View Post
                      My opinion of JJ Abrams is that he's kind of average... I don't really hate or love him as a director. What I would be more interested to know is who the screenwriter is. The last time the screenwriter was George Lucas, and no offense to any fans, but I thought ALL 3 prequels were utterly stupid. I just couldn't care less about the story, and for the most part hated all the characters.

The actors did a terrible job too (except Palpatine), but that was George Lucas' fault as a director. The other things were his fault as a screenwriter. (Can you tell I didn't like those movies?)
                      I'm sorry but I can't allow you to besmirch the honor of Liam Neeson, Ray Park, Natalie Portman, and Ewan McGreggor... An actor is only as good as the writing after all.

But make fun of Hayden Christensen all you want.
                      sigpic

--End Of Line--

Comment

Originally posted by Draeyth View Post
                        I'm sorry but I can't allow you to besmirch the honor of Liam Neeson, Ray Park, Natalie Portman, and Ewan McGreggor... An actor is only as good as the writing after all.

But make fun of Hayden Christensen all you want.
                        Haha. I think they're all good actors. Liam Neeson in The Gray was possibly my favorite performance of 2012. I just think they understandably did a bad job on THESE movies because of George Lucas being a bad director.

The one thing I am truly grateful for about the Star Wars prequels is all of Ewan McGregor's hilarious stories about what a nightmare it was to film these movies. He is certainly no phony about his movies:
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwL8wlBMflA
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUy8kQJIrek
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I627rJ4V7UQ#t=08m47s

Comment

Originally posted by HoneyShuriken View Post
                          Haha. I think they're all good actors. Liam Neeson in The Gray was possibly my favorite performance of 2012. I just think they understandably did a bad job on THESE movies because of George Lucas being a bad director.

The one thing I am truly grateful for about the Star Wars prequels is all of Ewan McGregor's hilarious stories about what a nightmare it was to film these movies. He is certainly no phony about his movies:
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwL8wlBMflA
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUy8kQJIrek
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I627rJ4V7UQ#t=08m47s
                          That's awesome. And that's good. I'm glad we can still be internet friends. Because we're internet friends now.
                          sigpic

--End Of Line--

Comment

Not enough info out there to make a call yet. I really enjoyed the Star Trek reboot so I have high hopes these will rock! I think Shatner should make a quick "beam me up Scotty appearance" in the background of one of the scenes....

Comment

I have high hopes for this. I think that Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm will be good for the series, as they will hopefully leave Lucasfilm with much of the creative control while also having significantly more resources than Lucasfilm did previously. JJ Abrams is a very capable director, so I'm counting the days.

Comment

Working...
                              X