TV Shows Cancelled Too Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Shows Cancelled Too Soon

What shows do you think were not given a chance to succeed?

Men of a Certain Age (Andre Bauer, Ray Romano, Scott Bakula) - great show cancelled after 1 season

Flash Forward, The event
    sigpic

Comment

The first one that comes to mind is Firefly.

Oh... and Krod Mandoon (assuming they don't make another series of it... but seriously, Firefly.
      Last edited by Wonder56901; March 10, 2012, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Terra Nova

Comment

Originally posted by strepb View Post
          Terra Nova
          Wow ya Terra Nova. I didn't even know it was cancelled until I read that Netflix might pick it up.
          sigpic

Requests: FTN

Comment

Arrested Development, though due to its cult hit status, it's returning on Netflix next year and is getting a movie. I am hoping Community does not get cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by MariusM View Post
              Flash Forward, The event
              Originally posted by strepb View Post
              Terra Nova
              Originally posted by Wonder56901 View Post
              but seriously, Firefly.
              QFT, +1.

+ Stargate Universe, I loved that show , The Outcasts, The 4400 and Heroes.
              Last edited by CyniC; March 10, 2012, 02:10 PM.

Comment

If we're talking shows that got canned after 2 seasons, I gotta bring up Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. That one got canned just as they learned how to make it good.

Legend of the seeker.

and a couple of obscure shows: Shark and Sports Night.

Comment

The Unit

Heroes

Daybreak, I think it was called
                  My Giveaways: 50 or so Trackers, Misc Invites
                  My Competitions: IRC Lotto, IRC Raffles
                  Other OD Links: IRC Command List, How To Play Lotto,
                  In Search Of: mma-torrents.com
                  Thanks to Choppers for repping me in
                  R.I.P. AradiTracker and BitGamer

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1094166968.png

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...gTAnAFfmw0D9Tg

Comment

Firefly One of my favorite shows. the network had to make room for more bs realty tv. BTW I loved all the shows above

Comment

I agree with MariusM. "The Event" gets my vote. It was too big budget to make for the ratings it got. Interestingly, if you added the +14 day DVR audience, it really didn't do that badly, but advertisers really only focus on same or may day+3 ratings, so it tanked.

Going back about 7 years, "Over There" (on FX in the US), ran for only one season. It was a great drama about soldiers serving in Iraq. It was not renewed due to ratings.

Other than that,

Comment

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Deadwood.

I know it technically doesnt count because it didn't get announced announced as cancelled, but from what i've read, the actors werent being picked up by hbo for a fourth season and from what i keep reading, a lot of people keep mentioning that it felt unfinished.

One of the few reasons why i stopped watching it. I HATE cancelled tv shows. Especially if they are getting good. Hate that, "wait what?!? That Was it?!?! unfinished feeling" feeling.

Oh and although it got just about 3 seasons worth, Lie To Me was one that i thoroughly enjoyed. I think the writers (or whoever was in charge) just screwed that one up. There was no good storyline to connect more than 2 maybe 3 episodes. a season. That and it was like watching House's spin off(from [H]OUSE) weird twin cousin.

Comment

firefly and arrested development were def. cut too soon.
                          Lost should have been cancelled a lot sooner. it got so bad after the first 2 or 3 seasons

Comment

Firefly for sure was ended before it was given a chance.

Comment

2 shows that come to mind are moonlight and flash forward these 2 shows were canceled way before they had a chance to show their potential. Also could not agree more regarding Deadwood loved that show could definitely go on a bit longer
                              Last edited by ; March 12, 2012, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X