UK Television Show Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Television Show Recommendations

I'm looking for UK TV shows that I might like. The only ones so far I have seen and really like are Extras and The Office - obviously a Ricky Gervaise fan. My typical predilection for TV flavor is the following:

Alias
    Battlestar Galactica (2003)
    Heroes
    Caprica
    Nowhere Man
    Prison Break
    Spartacus
    Rome
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Lost
    Seinfeld

Outcasts looks interesting as well as Life on Mars. Anyone else have any good suggestions?

Thank You

Re: UK Television Show Recommendations

This is pretty far from the genre you've seen so far, but I really enjoyed Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares. Gordon Ramsay goes around UK trying to save restaurants from their terrible owners and staff and swears at them along the way :D

Comment

Originally posted by roamer View Post
      This is pretty far from the genre you've seen so far, but I really enjoyed Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares. Gordon Ramsay goes around UK trying to save restaurants from their terrible owners and staff and swears at them along the way :D
      It's funny you mention this show cuz I actually got into the US version of it for awhile and then came across the UK version and was astonished at the difference in the 2 diverging styles used in making the show. UK version is very documentary style, and US version is very reality TV confrontational over-the-top style. Ramsay seems like a totally different person in each of them.

Thanx for the reco.

Comment

NP :)
        I think I prefer the UK style. Sometimes American reality type TV shows are just way too over the top. Plus, I like how they don't censor him in the UK version. The only word I've heard them bleep out on the UK version is c*&$.

Another suggestion would be to find an invite to TheBoX. I think they are relatively easy to come by. You can then browse by seeders and see whats popular.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by roamer View Post
          Another suggestion would be to find an invite to TheBoX. I think they are relatively easy to come by. You can then browse by seeders and see whats popular.

Whats TheBoX? Is that like a UK TV show tracker or something?

Comment

Hi malcomb,

Exactly. Heres the review: http://www.torrent-invites.com/tracker-reviews/57620-thebox-bz-box-tv-2010-a.html. It's not just UK TV shows but all multimedia related to UK. I've personally never been a member because I don't think I'd use it that often, but all of the reviews I've heard about it have been stellar.

Comment

Idiot abroad series 2 is starting in 2 weeks, definitely one to watch, if you haven't seen it yet you could watch the first series.

Comment

you could try:
                Hustle
                Spooks
                Sharp
                Strike Back

"The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."

Ubuntu 12/14/16 Debian 7/8 Seedbox Guide and Script

Comment

How has nobody told you to check out Torchwood yet!?

Torchwood. You'll dig it. It's got some super cheesy moments but it's pretty top dollar.

Comment

You should check out DR Who ?

Comment

I agree with zygons, you should definitely check out Dr. Who. A show thats been on tv for that long requires a look into. That being said im not so into the older ones, but the new one that started in 2005 i like a lot.

Comment

you have to see sherlok holmes 2009 , one of the best

Sherlock (TV Series 2010– ) - IMDb

Comment

The Apprentice
                          Top Gear
                          Formula 1
                          Dirty Sanchez
                          Have I got News for you
                          Q.I.
                          The Body Farm
                          ~~~ Aficianado of FLAC and BluRay ~~~
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm interested in joining HDBITS.org so if anyone is in a position to help me out please contact me via PM and thank you!

Comment

Spooks
                            Top Gear
                            Q I
                            Luther
                            Law and Order UK
                            Have I Got News For You
                            Hustle
                            sigpic

Comment

Being a fan of UK comedy series makes me say this:
                              IT Crowd
                              Little Britain

Also I'd recommend new version of Merlin, 4th season of which is currently on BBC One.

Comment

Working...
                              X