Name One Great App (android OR ios)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name One Great App (android OR ios)

I'm always looking from great mobile apps (or games), browsing through top 10 lists and so on.

Post ONLY ONE mobile app or game that you think is great or useful

Any category is fine.

[Name of the app] [Platform(s) (ios or android)] [Small Description]

I'll start with one that is useful for those who manage a SeedBox:

>>> Transdroid Android For managing your Seedbox from your Android smartphone

Has to be..... Mighty Text. It's just too darn useful. If you work/use a desktop, laptop, or tablet constantly you can communicate via text without ever touching your phone. Love it.

Comment

Android Firewall

For Android

Control which apps are allowed to use your data connection and which apps are only allowed to use wifi. I used Droidwall before, but this app is way better. It has profiles and other additional options that make it a complete app for this task.

Comment

Tasker Android For automating my life, I mean phone features/options/apps. I tend to have certain habits and configurations when at home, work, or outside somewhere. I felt like it was a waste of time doing it manually. I like Transdroid too.

Comment

Poweramp - Android - I was looking for a music app that would allow me to change the metadata in mp3's that were already on my phone and found so much more! I paid for the full version!

Comment

Titanium Backup - Android - Backup and restore apps with or without data. It's the best of it's kind. However, it requires ROOT ACCESS.

Comment

f.lux - iOS (from Cydia - requires Jailbreak) - Warms up the backlight of your ipad/iphone display to match your indoor lighting. Once you adjust to f.lux, you won't be able to use your device without it; especially at night! It is one of the few apps that force me to jailbreak!

Comment

Come one folks, I would love to hear your suggestions.
                Here's another one for you:

Pocker Casts - Android & iOS - Hands down the best app for podcasts!

Comment

I'll give it a go.

Sleep Cycle alarm clock Android & iOS Monitors your movement during sleep and attempts to wake you up outside of your REM cycle, so you don't feel groggy when you wake up. Changed my life 10/10.

Comment

Originally posted by hidenseeq View Post
                    I'll give it a go.

Sleep Cycle alarm clock Android & iOS Monitors your movement during sleep and attempts to wake you up outside of your REM cycle, so you don't feel groggy when you wake up. Changed my life 10/10.
                    I dont get it. What is this sorcery? how does it monitor? what about if you have to wake up a certain time? is this only for if you have the day off to sleep in? Like it is supposed to wake you up with the perfect amount of rest? Sounds pretty epic..... Inquiring minds want to know!

Comment

Originally posted by CyberCat33 View Post
                      I dont get it. What is this sorcery? how does it monitor? what about if you have to wake up a certain time? is this only for if you have the day off to sleep in? Like it is supposed to wake you up with the perfect amount of rest? Sounds pretty epic..... Inquiring minds want to know!
                      Not going to explain the mechanics of sleep too much but, basically, when you sleep you go between two sleep cycles known as Rapid Eye Movement (REM) and Non-Rapid Eye Movement. It is very difficult to be woken up during REM sleep cycles and very easy to be woken up during non-REM. More info about sleep can be found out online.

You put the phone in your bed, on charge, while you sleep. The app monitors your movement using your phone's accelerometer. You usually move during non-REM sleep, and are completely still during REM sleep. Your phone will notice a period of non-REM sleep within 30mins prior to your set alarm time, and wake you up at that time. It will always wake you up on or 30m before you set alarm time. Regardless of when you wake up, you will most likely feel well rested and not groggy.

Comment

Not going to explain the mechanics of sleep too much but, basically, when you sleep you go between two sleep cycles known as Rapid Eye Movement (REM) and Non-Rapid Eye Movement. It is very difficult to be woken up during REM sleep cycles and very easy to be woken up during non-REM. More info about sleep can be found out online.

You put the phone in your bed, on charge, while you sleep. The app monitors your movement using your phone's accelerometer. You usually move during non-REM sleep, and are completely still during REM sleep. Your phone will notice a period of non-REM sleep within 30mins prior to your set alarm time, and wake you up at that time. It will always wake you up on or 30m before you set alarm time. Regardless of when you wake up, you will most likely feel well rested and not groggy.
                        Thats freakin awesome man. And you have tried this? and it works? nice! thanks for the explanation!

Comment

Originally posted by CyberCat33 View Post
                          Thats freakin awesome man. And you have tried this? and it works? nice! thanks for the explanation!
                          I pretty much use it every night. As I said, it has changed my life. One of the best apps on the market; no doubt. I highly recommend to anyone that needs a good night's sleep and wants to wake up without drowsiness/grogginess.

Comment

I pretty much use it every night. As I said, it has changed my life. One of the best apps on the market; no doubt. I highly recommend to anyone that needs a good night's sleep and wants to wake up without drowsiness/grogginess.
                            I was thinking, What if you have 2 people sleeping in the same bed? Are you single or do you have a significant other? does the other person disturb the results for the phone?

Comment

Swype Keyboard iOS & Android The fastest keyboard IMO. The prediction in this keyboard is so good that sometimes it can be creepy. It is highly customizable and you can sync your user dictionary to all your devices.

Comment

Working...
                              X