Fitness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitness

Hey guys, so I came up with the idea of creating a new fitness section, for those of us who consider it a passion and a way of life. At the present moment there is a ongoing poll which can be found here; http://www.torrent-invites.com/sugge...s-section.html
    and would love for you to vote and comment on what your ideas might be toward this section.

There are a couple of reasons why I want to see a fitness section. The reality is a lot of people are overweight or need help in some sort of way whether it be; how to eat properly or maybe tips or advice on other areas.
    A healthy lifestyle can be your best friend if you have the motivation to succeed and reach for your goals. Once you do succeed you can use the motivation in other areas of life as well. Lastly Fitness can also make you feel great, look great,and gives you confidence.

That being said use this thread as a section on its own post any questions related to fitness here. I will try my best to answer questions or give advice to the best of my knowledge. This is a place where we DO NOT make fun of people, instead we help, so don't be shy with your questions or comments. I myself am not a professional though I have a general knowledge of Fitness, but like I said I will try my best to help others!
    Last edited by Chunky; May 16, 2009, 09:34 AM.

Hey man,

Why don't you post some ideas about diet? What do you think of a protein focused diet? It is definitely expensive to keep up this sort of diet, so I'm wondering if there is anything else you would recommend. How about some recommendations and how to get your eating habits in the right direction? I only eat two times a day lately which is a very bad habit, I want to be able to eat at least 5 small meals a day but it just never works out.

Comment

Hi,

First thing eating 2 times a day wont cut it. In terms of healthy eating and losing weight. See people some times take the wrong approach when it comes to diet, they automatically assume eating less is better to lose fat. However, its the other way around, to lose fat, and at a healthy rate should be 1.5lbs a week.

Eating 5-6 six meals a day can dramatically increase your metabolism, and eating this many times also generates your body to burn more fat while your body is asleep.

Regarding diet me personally I do 40% protein 40% carbs 20% fats. Protein can be shakes, chicken, turkey etc. Carbs are whole wheat breads, sweet potatoes, brown rice etc. Fats are not Mc Donalds though natural fats your body needs to protect major organs, ie all natural penaut butter, almonds.

Is this expensive well if you do your own groceries, there really is no differcne, substitute chips or junk foods with healthy ones.

If you wanna get real technicall you need to callculate your BMI (bodys mass index), from there you can figure out your ideal weight for your hieght, and the reccomended calories you should intake daily.

Me im 5'7 188lbs at the moment, my calorie intake is probably 2100-2500 daily. So you want tho divide this into 6 meals then youll have the right balance in all meals. Also you may want to eat heavier carbed food early in the day and slowly diminsh the carbs intake into night. One last note, you can also zig zag, so your body never get used to one number. For instance, monday take in 1900 carbs the next day take in 2100 the next day 2000 etc.. never making your body get used to one exact number of calories.

Hope that helps, if you have any more questions let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
        Hi,

First thing eating 2 times a day wont cut it. In terms of healthy eating and losing weight. See people some times take the wrong approach when it comes to diet, they automatically assume eating less is better to lose fat. However, its the other way around, to lose fat, and at a healthy rate should be 1.5lbs a week.

Eating 5-6 six meals a day can dramatically increase your metabolism, and eating this many times also generates your body to burn more fat while your body is asleep.

Regarding diet me personally I do 40% protein 40% carbs 20% fats. Protein can be shakes, chicken, turkey etc. Carbs are whole wheat breads, sweet potatoes, brown rice etc. Fats are not Mc Donalds though natural fats your body needs to protect major organs, ie all natural penaut butter, almonds.

Is this expensive well if you do your own groceries, there really is no differcne, substitute chips or junk foods with healthy ones.

If you wanna get real technicall you need to callculate your BMI (bodys mass index), from there you can figure out your ideal weight for your hieght, and the reccomended calories you should intake daily.

Me im 5'7 188lbs at the moment, my calorie intake is probably 2100-2500 daily. So you want tho divide this into 6 meals then youll have the right balance in all meals. Also you may want to eat heavier carbed food early in the day and slowly diminsh the carbs intake into night. One last note, you can also zig zag, so your body never get used to one number. For instance, monday take in 1900 carbs the next day take in 2100 the next day 2000 etc.. never making your body get used to one exact number of calories.

Hope that helps, if you have any more questions let me know.
        Yeah I know that eating that 2 times a day is actually a bad habit haha I guess I didn't word it clearly. Like you said I want to be eating at least 5-6 meals throughout the day to increase my metabolism. I heard about zig-zag technique and I do think it works, it prevents your body from getting used to the same routine.

I'll take a deeper look into diets. By the way does avoiding eating after 7-8 really make a big difference? I'm the type of person with a really strong midnight craving usually I try to fight it but sometimes it gets the best of me haha.

What do you think about carbs? Eliminiate from a diet? Or just decrease the amount of carbs you eat substantially? I eat a lot of rice which is a huge problem and I'm working on decreasing the amount I eat. I also want to get my body to get used to eating small amounts of food so I can stop eating great amounts to be satisfied.

What are some tips about cardio and working out? I'm looking into a gym this summer, I'm hoping my school's gym will be open, and I'm looking to start jogging every morning. Thanks Chunky. This can actually be a very useful thread, I've read and received a lot of advice about fitness but is never enough.

Comment

Yeah the zig zag is great and yeah totally forgot to mention after 8pm. I myself get hunger pains sometimes too, to fight it off I drink a lot of water and I mean a lot lol.

Cabs Eliminate? I would say never, may diminish by never totally eliminate. Carbs is what gives you energy. Three things that will make you be in the best shape are 1. Workout routine 2. Cardio 3. Diet. If all three elements are there then your set. Diet is 80% of how you look so be careful on that front. The gym you need so your body doesnt think for energy it needs to attack your muscle. At the gym your actually telling your body to attack fat, and to preserve the muscle. Cardio, help in burning fat and is needed, again tells your body to get energy from fat. Without carbs you wont have enrgey for all three. In my opinion carbs are a must for me like I said 40% of my diet.

Cardio tips, I would say in the moringin on a empty stomach is the best, targets fat right away maybe 45min give or take. And of course make sure you hit the gym later on aswell, that also help with fat burn.

As for working out I would work out 3-5 times a week. I workout 5 times a week and hit 1 or 2 muscle groups a day, no more then that. I actually follow this rotuine take a look this helped me out greatly, the key is your body never adapts; Power/Rep Range/Shock: The Basics - [Forums]

It called the P/R/S system check it out.

Comment

Yeah I had a good habit of drinking more than 2 liters of water a day but that soon stopped. I usually get into the habit of fitness and then I stop which is my problem. Btw I am checking out the article and there's some interesting info worth reading. However do you have any tips to get cut? I would like to get more ripped rather than gain a lot more muscle mass.

What do you think of working out abs in the morning, maybe after or before the jog?

Comment

i doesn't really matter when u work your abs, just do it about 2 times a week

Comment

The p/r/s system can be used for muscle mass or getting ripped. P/r/s is an 8 week program, so you can do the first week power,lift heavy only 4-6 reps. The 2nd and 3rd week repetition week meaning you lift more reps than usual and follow that up with shock. Shock is moving from one exercise to another without rest. Do this for 8 weeks, though at least 5 times per week do cardio in the morning if you can. On the 9th week you take the whole week of from the gym and just concentrate on cardio, after that weeks over start the cycle all over again. If you follow this you will get lean. Of course you must eat well in order to gain from it.

Abs can be done anytime, I do mine once a week. You could do 1000 crunches a day, but if you dont diet properly you still wont have abs. Its all about losing the fat above your muscle, which enables you to see your abs once the fat is gone!

Comment

this is the biggest mistake that people usually does..thinking that if they will make 100000 abs/day they will get an 6/8 - pack , but the fact is that the abs are burning very little fat like chunky said.

Comment

I agree alxxx, again its all three things combined gym/cardio/diet!

Comment

patience and hard training is everythiing :D

Comment

If anyone else has any questions or comments feel free to ask away...

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
                          I agree alxxx, again its all three things combined gym/cardio/diet!

I was just reading over this and you said all that there is to say about getting a 6 pack buddy :D

Comment

Sorry im not sure what your trying to say?? Can you expand a bit more?

Comment

he was just agreeing with u i guess:)

Comment

Working...
                              X