Kidney Stones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kidney Stones

Has anybody ever had them? They do NOT Rock!

I haven't had them, but I've seen many of them surgically removed.

I feel bad for you, but they aren't uncommon, so take solace in the fact that many people out there are suffering from significantly larger kidney stones and need a nephrolithotomy. Some people even have bilateral kidney stones (in both kidneys), as well as in related areas.

Comment

Originally posted by badbrio View Post
      I haven't had them, but I've seen many of them surgically removed.

I feel bad for you, but they aren't uncommon, so take solace in the fact that many people out there are suffering from significantly larger kidney stones and need a nephrolithotomy. Some people even have bilateral kidney stones (in both kidneys), as well as in related areas.
      Just had it removed today. No problems all is well.

Comment

There are many types of kidney stones. Some of them are real bitches...
        Get well soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Lirtimla View Post
          Just had it removed today. No problems all is well.
          Glad to hear you're doing well. I can only imagine how relieved you must be... Hopefully the worst is in the rear view mirror and things will get better from here.
          Thanks to the powers that be for VIP

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPlus View Post
            Glad to hear you're doing well. I can only imagine how relieved you must be... Hopefully the worst is in the rear view mirror and things will get better from here.
            Thank You
            All is well and I hope nobody has to ever have them. Getting them out is the easy part.

Comment

do you drink alot of orange juice, or iced tea?

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleton View Post
                do you drink alot of orange juice, or iced tea?
                Used to drink lots of Iced tea, but it seem to set it off so I stopped. Drinking lots of water (boring).

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Originally posted by alexake View Post
                There are many types of kidney stones. Some of them are real bitches...
                Get well soon!
                In 20+ years of work I have never went home early.

Comment

2 Surgeries later all is well.

Comment

Originally posted by Lirtimla View Post
                    Has anybody ever had them? They do NOT Rock!

I've had the pleasure (not) of two episodes of kidney stones. Apparently once you've had them you become more susceptible to them so they are likely to reoccur at some point.

My episodes were 5 years apart and both lead to ambulance rides to hospital whilst I writhed in agony and screamed like a girl! On the second occurrence I was driving and had to pull to the side of the road as my previous experience meant that I recognized the on-set of them. One emergency call later and I was being examined by a female doctor who told me that in her opinion they are more painful than childbirth so I happily quote that statement to any women suggesting that men couldn't withstand the pain of childbirth!

If the five year gap holds I'm due in about another 2 years :(

Comment

The last time I had pain I could not leave work and get to the hospital quick enough. I had a 40min drive home from work but it seemed like forever.
                      I am not a fan of the pain medicine either. After taking it for 2 weeks I was ill from side effects to the stomach it was tearing up. I hope you don't have to
                      three-peat Dan.

Comment

I had them, and had to use a tube up my B&&&^^^% and then ....well you know the rest, it was when i was smaller, had to drink tons of liquid and use that thing, felt bad but im glad its over
                        sigpic

Raum shadowbuild extJSDB(For VIP) Copper TankGirl IguessNot KevinTrevor
                        Cafe gblaze ghost6945
                        Hyoksang
                        pejiotoPatriotlion GPaX HunTer666 MadafakinBATMAN
                        WhiteLie (For signature) MichaelJenkinsSportsFan23
                        and all the other members and friends (omg too many to add to list)

Comment

not exactly rock but i had a kind of sand or something in my kidneys.
                          if i dont keep my feet warm enough it starts to pain.
                          this disease definitely doesnt like winter.
                          keep warm yourself.

Comment

I had a kidney stone once and it sucks. I ended up having a friend drive me to the emergency room. Unfortunalty for me a gunshot victim came into the ER before I could see a doctor. I ended up passing the stone while in the waiting room. I do no suggest the hospital that I went to, they suck donkey balls. The best part of the whole experience was the feeling of utter reliefe when I passed the stone.
                            And last but not least here is a link to my favorite nUb tut: http://www.torrent-invites.com/showthread.php?t=237584

Comment

Good to hear that you are doing well. I am sure your doctor already told you some of the things, but let me just say them anyways. Again, these are just opinions, please consult your physician for changes.

1. Find out what type of kidney stone it was. Calcium? Uric acid?? Finding out the type will help you deal with the cause.
                              2. Chances of having recurring kidney stones are SUBSTANTIALLY higher once you have had your first one. So watch your diet!
                              3. Speaking of diet, avoid/minimize: caffeine, dehydration, Calcium supplements, salt, gaining weight.
                              4. Don't try to completely cut off Calcium containing food from diet. Your body NEEDS Calcium. Avoid supplements, but keep a balanced diet that has some Calcium (some research shows that it actually helps with breakdown of stones).
                              5. Be careful with your diuretics (if you are on one). Some can cause significant impact on Calcium levels in your body.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X