Are you a vegetarian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you a vegetarian?

Are you a vegetarian? If you are what do you normally eat? How do you survive without meat? Don't you ever just want to try it?

I am a vegetarian and have been for 27 years of my life and these are some questions that I am always asked. I wanted to see what others have to say about this.

I am a Veggie Since Birth!!..
    Mahn! Wanna Try Out Non-Veg Food.. But it Costs u ur health and hence better stay A VEGETARIAN !

Comment

Hell no, i like myself a steak every now and then!
      To be honest i can't survive on veggies alone because there aren't alot of veggies i'm able to digest (personal thing).
      Next to that, I tried stuff that says "Would you have said this was tofu if i hadn't told you?!" "YESS!!!!" lol

To each his own though. You've got Veggies and Vegans, pretty much everybody draws their own lines, some eat fish, some eat eggs, some eat fried crickets i seriously don't care and i hope they enjoy it but i like being able to choose out of all the 5 food groups ;).

sigpic
      _.-=' Special thanks to SiniuS for making me VIP and to Gblaze for graph work :)
      '=-._

Comment

I'm not a vegetarian but I do prefer veggies over meat. Most part of my meal is veggies but without the meat, it's just too hard to fill the protein gap.
        If I eat a 100% veggies meal, I would feel something is missing and it will be much more tasty with some protein.
        What kind of protein do you have with your meal?

I would prefer 100% raw food meals than 100% veggies meals. It's just make alot more sense

Comment

Originally posted by eXtreme23 View Post
          I'm not a vegetarian but I do prefer veggies over meat. Most part of my meal is veggies but without the meat, it's just too hard to fill the protein gap.
          If I eat a 100% veggies meal, I would feel something is missing and it will be much more tasty with some protein.
          What kind of protein do you have with your meal?

I would prefer 100% raw food meals than 100% veggies meals. It's just make alot more sense
          For my protein intake I have to have protein shakes because I am trying to get in shape again and just recently started working out. But before that I used to get my protein from eating nut, lentil, tofu, paneer, and beans which I feel like gave me enough protein for my daily intake. Obviously most of the food would be cooked and was delicious.

Comment

Well I have quite healthy mind so I trust it when it come to food. If my body said it wants veggies or protein then I will keep eating them.
            Other food like milk or carb, pizza, although I can eat them just fine, my body will try to reject them the moment they're in.
            I would feel like vomit after eating pizza or noddle and after milk my skin would be swollen, acne and I'd constant farting

Comment

Originally posted by eXtreme23 View Post
              Well I have quite healthy mind so I trust it when it come to food. If my body said it wants veggies or protein then I will keep eating them.
              Other food like milk or carb, pizza, although I can eat them just fine, my body will try to reject them the moment they're in.
              I would feel like vomit after eating pizza or noddle and after milk my skin would be swollen, acne and I'd constant farting
              Have you ever gotten tested to see if you have allergies to gluten and lactose? Meaning do you know if you are gluten and lactose intolerant? I am kind of curious to be honest, because what you described sounds like the symptoms of those.

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Originally posted by lonehawk View Post
              I am a Veggie Since Birth!!..
              Mahn! Wanna Try Out Non-Veg Food.. But it Costs u ur health and hence better stay A VEGETARIAN !
              Me too. I have been a vegetarian since birth as well. If you eat meat in moderations its not too bad, but its bad when you over do it. When you eat nothing but red meat especially is the worst.

Comment

No it's too mild for allergies. You would have to pay close attention to notice those changes. (that's why I said I have a healthy mind)
                And if I just balance the amount (no fat milk, pizza with alot veggies once in a while) then it will be perfectly fine.

Comment

The health benefits of a vegan life style appear to be astonishing, I've recently transitioned to a plant based diet and I can tell you I have more energy, my blood pressure has decreased and my cholesterol and sugar levels have plummeted. On the other side of the coin, being relatively new to the lifestyle (4 months) I do miss meat. What I do in an attempt to curb my cravings is to reward myself with a lean turkey of grilled chicken "dinner" one per month. I call it my personal reward system, but I have been seeing that my desire for the reward day has lessened over the months. The next step for me as far as dieting may be juicing. Does anybody have any opinions on that subject? As I'm sure we've all heard before, moderation is key. I'm in a lucky position where I didn't give up meat for a religious or moral reason so I can indulge every so often

Comment

I was a vegetarian for about 2 years and have been vegan for about 5.

If you are what do you normally eat?
                    I normally eat a lot carbs, fruits, and vegetables,

How do you survive without meat?
                    I normally eat meat substitutes, which tastes pretty close to the actual thing.

Don't you ever just want to try it?

I do crave it every now and then, but I will feel horrible if I ate any animal products. I have made the mistake of eating something that has contained some kind of animal product and I would feel terrible because I should've been more careful. Now, don't get me wrong. If I accidentally ordered something that had something like milk or cheese, I would see if anyone else would want my plate, instead of returning it because they would most likely throw the food away. If I can't find anyone to eat my food, I would eat the food for respect for the animal, since it's already been tortured/killed.
                    Last edited by grandmachine; November 25, 2012, 03:05 AM.

Comment

I'm vegetation. vegetables has complete amino-acids except 5 I think

Comment

I am a proud omnivore!

Originally posted by Mehranamiri View Post
                        I'm vegetation. vegetables has complete amino-acids except 5 I think
                        To your point about amino acids, I keep hearing mixed answers about this, like you can get those 5 with beans for instance, or they can be synthesized by the body with precursors found in animal products, or they are missing altogether. W/e, I'll find out one day.

Also, you meant to say, "I'm vegetarian" not "I'm vegetation" as if you were vegetation, you wouldn't be able to say so. :P

I don't have issues with vegetarians or vegans (or vegetation ) if they don't have an issue with me. What I can't deal with are judgmental vegans who think they're better because they're vegan. You don't eat meat. Good for you! Leave it at that.

Maybe we should set up a poll just to see how many vegetarians/vegans/omnivores we have here at TI. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelJenkins View Post
                          I am a proud omnivore!

I don't have issues with vegetarians or vegans (or vegetation ) if they don't have an issue with me. What I can't deal with are judgmental vegans who think they're better because they're vegan. You don't eat meat. Good for you! Leave it at that.
                          Agreed. I'm not a fan of people who are so hardcore about eating meat that they have to brag about how much meat they ate for dinner yesterday. Or of people who are vegan/vegetarian and go PETA on everyone lol.

Comment

I am kind of a wierdo I suppose...

I am a strict vegan EXCEPT for things I hunted and killed myself....

so technically I am an omnivore, but really unless it is deer/elk/duck/pheasent/grouse/turkey. And I have gone out and actually killed it myself...I eat a plant based diet. and totally avoid all dairy

"true" vegans make fun of me and give me shit...but I actually don't see what the big problem is, meat from the store is god awful and terrible as far as animal cruelty and mystery stuff. I probably eat more "natural" food then most of my 100% vegan friends since I eat mainly things from my own garden, which I have then canned, or for a few weeks a year we have some fresh game. I don't buy tofurkey, or seitan, or other "fake meat" that shizz is gross

Stripples anyone? NOOOOOOO thanks.

Comment

i am a meatetarian. i love my veggies too, but i need beef, pork, chicken, turkey.
                              my fav's would have to be poulty, i can eat chicken and turkey everynite.
                              i have no problem with veg's and vegan's, just when they start preachin to me, it can get a little annoying,
                              to each his own.
                              special thanks to extJSDB for the VIP. special thanks to SiniuS for the avatar.
                              sigpic
                              "Alea iacta est." - The die is cast

"Veni, vidi, vici!" - I came, I saw, I conquered.

caesar....

Comment

Working...
                              X