What supplements do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What supplements do you use?

Well as the name suggests what do you use? It can be your proteins, vitamins, pre and post work out what ever you take...I just want to see what
    People use to support their workouts thats if you do use supplements ...I didn't use them till about 5 years ago...my mate put me onto some muscle tech products and I havnt looked back...I don't use the same brand any more mostly due to the price...but their protein tasted awsome lol

Currently I use

Inner armor whey protein- 1-2 times a day
    Muscle pharm -assault pre workout
    Muscle pharm-creatine post workout
    Glutamine for recovery can't remember the brand name post workout
    Centrum vitamin - daily

I have noticed a difference and will continue to use these products or something similar..I have heard all the stories that I shouldn't take this and that and too much protein is bad..but really these people are not trying to build/maintain muscle mass so i don't think they really have a clue when it comes to supplements..anyways my thoughts so what do you guys use?

Optimum Gold Standard Whey Protein
    Noxipro - Pre Workout
    NO Xplode - Pre Workout
    Vitargo
    MusclePharm Armor V

For the pre-workouts I kinda just cycle back and forth between the two. I find this better for myself due to building up a tolerance to it rather quickly.

Comment

I use WHEY 80 and Malto... I'm quite new for working out, haven't done it that much.
      sigpic
      You watch anime? Read manga? Love Japanese stuff?
      Join #Otakuchannel on irc and have a chat with people who share the same interests

Comment

Morning and Afternoon:
        2x Triple Strength Fish Oil
        2x Muscle Pharm CLA
        2x Xendurance

Post Workout:
        Optimum Gold Whey 1 and a half scoops with Almond Milk
        ===========================================
        My Giveaways
        :
        ===========================================

Comment

Vitamins and minerals complex
          Omega 3
          ZMA
          Protein + dextrose after workout.

Comment

Whey protein, creatine, omega 3 tablets and a multivitamin tablet.

Comment

Optimum Gold + Calcium supplement post workout
              A multivitamin and Zinc supplement everyday.
              Thanks shadowbuild for the VIP ! And to all of you in T-I who've helped me sofar !

sigpic

KNIGHT OF HIGH HOUSE DARK

My monthly GA: 2 X IPT | 1 X HD-MKV | 5 X MyA

Comment

I try not to use supplements, especially vitamins. Eat a healthy balanced diet and you'll get all your body needs without the need of unregulated and expensive vitamin or supplement tablets.

If you're specifically looking at building/maintaining muscle bulk and want to increase your protein intake eat meat and fish. I either grill the meat so all the fat drains away or fry it in coconut oil. As for fish, I buy the small tins of tuna, mackrel, pilchards etc. in spring water avoiding the ones drowned in tomato sauce or oil and just eat it straight ourt of the tin.

Also, have a good supply of nuts and seeds as these are great for when you're at work to snack on to get you're intake. I go for plain cashews, almonds and hazelnuts as well as pumpkin seeds, sunflower and sesame. Ground flax is another awesome natural supplement that you can add to food or drinks.

Comment

man I just take multivitamins.. hehe

Comment

Multi, fish oil, and biotin. The last one really helps with nails & hair :)

Comment

Optimum nutrition vanilla protein powder (I'm vegetarian), biotin (for hair), multi-vitamin (don't really know what it does but ive been told it's good for me).

Comment

Originally posted by Randal View Post
                        I try not to use supplements, especially vitamins. Eat a healthy balanced diet and you'll get all your body needs without the need of unregulated and expensive vitamin or supplement tablets.

Also, have a good supply of nuts and seeds as these are great for when you're at work to snack on to get you're intake. I go for plain cashews, almonds and hazelnuts as well as pumpkin seeds, sunflower and sesame. Ground flax is another awesome natural supplement that you can add to food or drinks.
                        What is wrong with taking a vitamin/mineral supplement (that doesn't include iron if you are a man)? To be sure one eats a balanced diet, but in the modern world with its commercial interests and food manipulation, I have my doubts about whether that is enough. To be sure I would not say one can take vitamins as a substitute for a balanced diet. I think also there are supplements available that provide benefits over and above those found in foods or vitamin pills, such as DHEA, Alpha Omegas, COQ-10, Alpha Lipoic Acid and others (even aspirin). There are also common drugs that people may want to take regularly, such as statins and blood pressure pills, although of course with medical advice.

I strongly endorse your support of seeds and nuts, but would suggest adding the lowly peanut to your list, at least for those with limited budgets.

Comment

Chocolate milk

Comment

Gaspari Myofusion Probiotic Series
                            Opti-Men Multivitamin
                            Extra Vitamin C and D
                            Fish Oil
                            Creatine
                            ZMA

Comment

Not trying to get muscular, just stay healthy and look good:

Fish oil
                              Vitamin C
                              Antioxidants
                              garlic

+A few others on and off.

Comment

Working...
                              X