Do you have tattoos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have tattoos?

So, I couldn't find a thread addressing this, and I thought it would make an interesting topic. I know difference cultures have different opinions on tattoos, so I would like to know if you do (or don't because they aren't accepted in your culture), and where you are from. Pictures are acceptable but not required.

I'll start: I live in the US- when I got my first tattoo, they were still kind of "rebellious". I now have quite a few (including a 3/4-sleeve which is currently in the works), and tattoos seem to be well accepted in America.
    sigpic
    Thanks ​DSRTG to for my VIP

New to T-I?

Let me make a pic o mine

Edit:

Last edited by NightFlyer; July 20, 2012, 03:36 AM.

Comment

No i dont

But i would love to get one
      O always wanted to have one on my arms

But my girlfriend didnt like the idea and i dont want her to "dislike me" so im waiting
      Maybe one day she will change her mind

Comment

i wish i had some :(
        Special thanks to SiniuS for VIP giveaway and those who supported me!

Comment

Originally posted by reohoie View Post
          No i dont

But i would love to get one
          O always wanted to have one on my arms

But my girlfriend didnt like the idea and i dont want her to "dislike me" so im waiting
          Maybe one day she will change her mind
          Haha, i was in the same position when i got my first tattoo. I was 18, and thought she and i would end up getting married, but she was super conservative. She was not too pleased about it (especially because back then, they were still looked down on in the US).

I'll try to take some pics later, tried earlier, but I couldn't get the angles and stuff right.
          sigpic

New to T-I?

Comment

No but I want one real bad!

The only thing stopping me is that I can never make up my mind about what I want. And since it's a permanent thing (and I'm commitment phobic) it's kind of a big deal for me.

I was thinking about some lettering up my spine. Like Victoria Beckham's just to give a rough idea, but lower down.

I'm a dude btw :)

Comment

Originally posted by Zodiak View Post
              No but I want one real bad!

The only thing stopping me is that I can never make up my mind about what I want. And since it's a permanent thing (and I'm commitment phobic) it's kind of a big deal for me.

I was thinking about some lettering up my spine. Like Victoria Beckham's just to give a rough idea, but lower down.

I'm a dude btw :)
              I would say to not only make sure it is something you will be okay with having on you, but make sure the image is something that will hold up over time! I have a tattoo on my ankle that started out super detailed, but after 15 years looks like shit because everything blended together (the tattoo was too small for all the detail the artist tried putting in). Here Ill try to upload it to show you.

Okay, this is a badge from my college fraternity (Kappa sigma), its supposed to look like this:

But now looks like this:

See, everything became just one big mess of black! Fortunately (if you couldn't tell by how white my legs are), i always wear pants.
              Last edited by BatTaser; July 20, 2012, 03:38 PM.
              sigpic

New to T-I?

Comment

No because I might not like the same stuff in 20 years as I do today. Also I wouldn't trust another person with marking me. Third I'd probably want to change it all the time so unless someone invents tattooink that changes kinda like the paintings in Harry Potter movies it wont happen haha.

Motifs I could possibly live with are 1 of my hobby that I sadly cannot expose without a possible outing or 2 something videogamerelated as both are (so far) pretty much lifelong interests. My hobby has left my right arm really scarred so a tat might actually be an improvement

Oh yeah located in Sweden. No cultural opposition people here are getting (ugly for some reason) tattoos left and right....
                Last edited by wazzobazzo; July 20, 2012, 04:01 PM.

Comment

I guess T-I is not a big "tattoo having" community
                  sigpic

New to T-I?

Comment

Dont have and dont like it actually :)

Comment

I don't want one unless I know it's something that I'll enjoy the rest of my life, or will mean something to me forever.
                      The biggest mistakes are the ones you're too scared to make.

Comment

Yeah, totally agree. Everything I have a tattoo of is something that holds a major significance in my life (going back decades). I see people that have like random shit they picked off a wall tattooed on them, and it blows my mind.

Oh, and also, tattoos are one of those things that are worth spending extra money on. The 3/4 sleeve I am working on is costing me $200/hour (I'm 8 hours in, about another 20 left).
                        sigpic

New to T-I?

Comment

No i don't have maybe one in the future..

Comment

Sup guys, I have 3, one full sleeve, half sleeve on other arm and 1 across my bicept XD

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
                              Sup guys, I have 3, one full sleeve, half sleeve on other arm and 1 across my bicept XD
                              Damn! thats what I am talking about!

I go in for another 6 hours at the end of this month, so I'll take some pics then, so we can share what we all have.
                              sigpic

New to T-I?

Comment

Working...
                              X