X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to be healthier in 60 seconds

Here's some simple quick tidbits to kick-start this new subforum:

Tip 1: Improve your routine
    • Adjust your desk chair: Sitting the wrong way can create problems in your neck, back, hips and legs. Your seat should be high enough so that, when your back is straight and your feet are flat, your knees are bent at 90 degrees.
    • Microwave your sponge: It can harbor salmonella and other food-borne bacteria that can make you ill, so remember to clean it by nuking it for about 30 seconds on high to get rid of most germs.
    Tip 2: Spice up your nutrition
    • Toss in some ground flaxseed: The dietary supplement is high in fiber and a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which can protect against heart disease and some types of cancer. Sprinkle it on cereal, stir it in pasta sauce or use it as a crust for baked salmon or chicken.
    • Season food with herbs, not just salt: Herbs and spices have health benefits, thanks to their disease-fighting compounds. Rosemary and thyme can help prevent blood clots. Oregano and sage are rich in antioxidants.
    Tip 3: Do a quick checkup
    • Weigh your purse: If itís more than 5 percent of your body weight, lighten the load. A heavy bag can lead to poor posture and back and shoulder pain.
    • Inspect your workout sneakers: To avoid heel aches or other foot problems, replace exercise shoes that are past their prime. Put the shoes on a table and look at them from behind. If they lean to either side, they are worn out.
    Tip 4: Be your happiest
    • Chat with a stranger: While waiting in line at a store, talk with someone near you. Being assertive and adventurous makes people feel happier, according to research at Wake Forest University in North Carolina.
    • Rent a goofy comedy: You might feel better just thinking about it. People who anticipated a laugh experienced a 27 percent increase in endorphins, brain chemicals that make you happy, according to research from Loma Linda University in California
    Source: How to be healthier - AllYou.com
    My Giveaways: 50 or so Trackers, Misc Invites
    My Competitions: IRC Lotto, IRC Raffles
    Other OD Links: IRC Command List, How To Play Lotto,
    In Search Of: mma-torrents.com
    Thanks to Choppers for repping me in
    R.I.P. AradiTracker and BitGamer

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1094166968.png

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...gTAnAFfmw0D9Tg

Niicee...i like those last 2 points

as for microwave your sponge...gotta start doing that...good info

Comment

Awesome thread with nice information for health and how to be healthier in just 60sec. Thanks friend I was not know about it before vising this site.
      Orange County Fat Loss
      Last edited by alexvochin; January 14, 2012, 12:10 AM.

Comment

I love ground flaxseed. I add it to almost everything I cook, especially muffins..

Comment

Gotta try some of these, can somebody tell me what grounded flax seeds are? :P

-TheAlien

Comment

Originally posted by TheAlien View Post
            Gotta try some of these, can somebody tell me what grounded flax seeds are? :P

-TheAlien
            Flax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can order them all over the place :)
            "Dear World, I am leaving because I am bored. I feel I have lived long enough. I am leaving you with your worries in this sweet cesspool. Good luck."

Comment

Originally posted by pulser View Post
              Flax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can order them all over the place :)
              Ahh, I've eaten those :) I use them in salad sometimes :P

-TheAlien

Comment

Very interesting thread, thanks for the tips
                Definitely gonna try the sponge trick ... o.O

Comment

Thanks for sharing those great tips!

Comment

The doctor has told me the one with the sponge - It's pretty effective...There are a lot of diseases that can be transsmitted through it. 10x for the others.

Comment

I would never have thought that there is a dating site where people just want sex. I thought that dating sites were designed for those who want a serious relationship. But no, the https://www.together2night.com/ site is really not for this purpose. Try this.

Comment

You forgot about one important point. You should take care of your teeth. This is a very problematic part of our body and many people have to buy teeth grinding guard to keep their teeth safe from bruxism, for example. That's why you should pay special attention to your teeth.

Comment

If you want to be healthy and to stay healthier, it is better to buy CBD oil UK which allows to buy different healthy products online. Such an opportunity is a perfect solution if you want to sleep better, to treat for your health and also to know more about natural supplements.

Comment

Working...
                          X