best food to gain muscle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best food to gain muscle

all my life i hear people complaining how hard its to loose weight but you know how hard is to gain muscle when you do have weight?
    oh i would prefer if the suggestion didn't affect my .....you know like Creatine or steroids

boiled eggs are good :)

Comment

best food to gain muscle

If you want to be cut and muscular. Hookup a diet where you eat lots of protein, broccoli, lean chicken, fish, beef, moth bean that kind of thing.
      A very special thank-you to LaFemmeFatal for my VIP!
      I am very gracious and she is just awesome!

Comment

1.) Creatine is extensively studied, perfectly safe, may have health benefits, and has no anabolic effects.

2.) Provided your lifting regimen in on task, the standard BBing recommendation is for .8-1.2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight (assuming one doesnt have a ton of extra fat).

Any animal protein source is fine, as far as building muscle goes. It all digests and breaks down to the same thing, and if you are eating different animal sources of protein, the evidence shows that things like BCAA (particular type of amino acid) shortages aren't a big thing to worry about.

If you go vegetarian, you need to combine protein sources like rice and beans in order to get a complete protein equivalent.

Comment

My trainer always says I should eat tuna, pasta and banana shakes, raw egg also seems good :)

Comment

a balanced diet that is high in protein about 500 calories over your required amount a day while weightlifting will lead you to gaining muscle and not adding too much fat

Comment

i heard egg whites is 1 of the best things you can eat for bodybuiding & also in general.

Comment

building muscles depends 20% on nutrition which mostly lean proteins and healthy protein shakes
                the other 80% depends on exercise incorporated with weight lifting and the intensity of your training

Comment

Ever heard of Scooby's workshop? Might want to google him. He has some great nutrition plans. Generally speaking, cut carbs eat proteins (especially prior and after workout). Eating healthy will help, if you wanna go strictly bodybuilding then more like this:

• eat lots of fresh vegetables, 5-10 cups a day
                  • eat unprocessed or minimally processed foods
                  • consume .75g 1.0g protein per pound of bodyweight per day
                  • eat 6 evenly spaced, small, well balanced meals a day each with 1/6 of your protein
                  • eat less than 25% of your calories from fat and eat only good fats like olives, nuts, and avocados
                  • eat lots of high fiber legumes, whole grains, and low G.I. carbs -
                  • avoid all simple carbs like sugar, alcohol, or white flour

Comment

Originally posted by dntx View Post
                    building muscles depends 20% on nutrition which mostly lean proteins and healthy protein shakes
                    the other 80% depends on exercise incorporated with weight lifting and the intensity of your training
                    It's actually more the other way around. I would say that the key to gaining muscles is about 70% nutrition and 30% exercise.

You can work out all you want, but without the calories and macros in place - you can forget it. Actually, you can develop more muscles and less fat with nutritioning alone.

"You can't out-exercise a bad diet".

Comment

creatine, whey protein, chicken breasts, eggs, salmon

Comment

bread and rice.

You don't need much protein to build muscle. 100g a day is plenty.

You just need calories.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzlefry View Post
                          You don't need much protein to build muscle. 100g a day is plenty.
                          Actually, the general limit on the amount of protein we can usefully metabolise is around 1g per kilo of bodyweight. 100g will be more than sufficient for most people.

Once you exceed that limit, a small amount is converted and stored as fat which is why a lot of bodybuilder diets are very light on fat content. There isn't much evidence that the low-fat content of these diets provides the stated benefits as almost any excess fats and carbs will be stored by the body in the form of fat. It's better to have a diet that balances the energy expenditure well to avoid this.

As soon as both the above utilisation limits are exceeded, the rest of the protein is eliminated. Mostly through urine.

Comment

Originally posted by DatEriGuy View Post
                            creatine, whey protein, chicken breasts, eggs, salmon
                            Creatine has pretty much nothing to do directly with muscle gain. Increasing the level of creatine is an aid to muscular energy output by increasing the resynthesis rate of ATP. This in turn can increase maximal power output by muscles and better performance in resistance exercise.

It makes the muscles more efficient at peak output (and allows peak effort for longer) using ATP directly but does not directly affect the process of building muscle tissue.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarissa View Post
                              Creatine has pretty much nothing to do directly with muscle gain. Increasing the level of creatine is an aid to muscular energy output by increasing the resynthesis rate of ATP. This in turn can increase maximal power output by muscles and better performance in resistance exercise.

It makes the muscles more efficient at peak output (and allows peak effort for longer) using ATP directly but does not directly affect the process of building muscle tissue.
                              Creatine makes it more likely for you to produce another rep during your workouts which would in turn effect the muscle tearing, thus building right? so in a way it is a great supplement to have while body building

Comment

Working...
                              X