First Food Thread EVER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Food Thread EVER

Just here to say that I love JustJenna for putting in a food sub forum! I love discussing deliciousness with other people :P

so i know this forum is multi-cultural and i want to know what kind of food is considered a delicacy in your country or what types of food you guys enjoy?

AHD | AT | BCG | BitMe | BTN | CHD | HDB | HD-T | IPT | PEDRO | PTN | PTP | WFL | W.CD

If nobody hates you, you're doing something wrong.

Originally posted by nivlac View Post
    so i know this forum is multi-cultural and i want to know what kind of food is considered a delicacy in your country or what types of food you guys enjoy?
    Well, since the US is the most mixed country -- I would say countless things are considered a delicacy.

Although in my years of fine dining experience, I've never had or seen a delicacy that I thought was appetizing. In fact some of the most disgusting items were either cultural or local delicacies.

Funny how that works...

Comment

Microwave a donut, problem solved :D.

nah, my favorite delicacy is lefse with loads of cinnamon and butter.

Comment

Well, My Fav is Brown Rice with some high protein chickens on it :)

Comment

My fav.
          chicken tetrazzini with a breadstick. YUM!

So utterly delicious
          sigpic

WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT

Comment

Well I'm from England and I love Marmite which I'm not even sure if you can buy outside of Britain. it's definitely one of those things you either love or hate though as many people can't stand the taste of it.

Comment

i can't get enough of Seljanka (soup ; russian/ukrainian origin ) but with estonian flavor. there are s-loads of different seljankas, served hot or cold, with different ingredients but they all good...

i even found a recipe for it (with different ingredients from my "usual"). hope yall try it out >>> [email protected]

i'ma throw in a pic to make you all drool :-D

Comment

What food do i enjoy? Real food. I really love that taste of fresh vegetables and fruits, straight from the garden. And meat bought straight from the butcher, made of his own animals. Anything made from such ingredients makes me happy :)

Comment

Salads, actually. Really good salads such as a caesar or normal house salad -- made well of course. Oh and pretty much anything chocolatey :-D. Now that I think of it (as I write this)... molten chocolate cake. Ya I'll go with that.

Comment

i love my boba tea. any and all flavors!

AHD | AT | BCG | BitMe | BTN | CHD | HDB | HD-T | IPT | PEDRO | PTN | PTP | WFL | W.CD

If nobody hates you, you're doing something wrong.

Comment

I gotta represent my country so i am going with traditional bulgarian dishes such as musaka na banitsa. :D

Musaka is absolute favourite dish ever
                      It looks like something like this

Comment

I'm from the Midwest, so many things here are considered a delicacy - including Sushi, which I love. Caviar is also a delicacy here.

As far as favorite food goes (which is what people seem to be discussing) - mine would probably be simple bacon wrapped steak, with shrimp and lobster.
                        sigpic
                        Need help? PM me and I'll find you the answer.

Comment

lasagna...verry delicious.mmmmmm

Comment

here in the last few months i just started eating jap food and OMG its so goood and they do the whole thing in front of ya its very entertaining

Comment

One of my favorites is 'Shorshe ilish', its made with Hilsa fish and just tastes great. I have no idea how to make it but my mom's version is the best.

Comment

Working...
                              X