Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working From Home and making money on the internet does it really work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you want big income you need to have a skills.. for just an extra income try to be part of an affiliate program or learn the internet marketing ideas and strategies. be inspired with the famous people that success in internet marketing like Robert Kayisaki.
    Last edited by andrew19; March 28, 2011, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IMAGINE View Post
      i've heard interesting stories about affiliation systems.

basically you promote a product/company and get paid for referring new customers. you just have to make a simple web page or a blog and post the link. then, when someone click that link, you get paid, or if that person buys the product, you get like 10-33% of that price.

^^^ that's my view on it ^^^

how wikipedia explains it is in >>>HERE<<<

now, go google... xD
      You can make money like this. Basically you advertise a product, they click the link and it takes them straight through to the ordering system of the affiliate company, and you get paid a commission on each sale originating from your website. There is also advertising, PPC, where you get paid each time someone clicks an ad on your page, Google pay-per-click is the most common advertising of this type you will see on websites, or standard banner type advertising, where you will get paid based on number of eyeballs. If you produce a site with video you can also pre/post video adverts.

However in order to make money in this fashion you need a website with a lot of traffic, and in order to do that, you need to produce content that people are interested in, and if you over advertise you can put people off, so you need to get that balance between content and advertising right.

This is all possible to do and to make money from, but it requires a lot of work. If it was easy we would all be doing it.

"The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."

Ubuntu 12/14/16 Debian 7/8 Seedbox Guide and Script

Comment

As already said before, dropshipping is a real viable option. There are scammers out there trying to trick you but in amongst it there is the real deal. All you have to do is find a wholesaler cheap enough to under cut the competition and still make a cut for yourself - thats also the hard bit!

Otherwise online poker could be done. Trouble with that is when Poker is done as a buisiness not a play activity it becomes very boring and not many would have the stomach for it to make a decent living. Gambling for fun is fun, gambling for a living is not fun, its nerve wracking and risky.

Online gambling can be used to make money in the form of arbitrage betting(google it). I know of several people who make 200k+/year doing this. Also known as sports arbitrage or sure betts. The down side is that you need to have money to generate more. You can increase your money at a rate of 10% per month, so depending how much you have you can make a lot! Its hard work though with odd hours as you're betting on global sports events playing the bookies off against each other in order to come out on top. You gamble say 1k in order to win 10 - its much more complex but thats kind of it.

You can play the stock market online.

You can bet/trade on horse racing or anything
        ~~~ Aficianado of FLAC and BluRay ~~~
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm interested in joining HDBITS.org so if anyone is in a position to help me out please contact me via PM and thank you!

Comment

One surefire way to make money on the internet is if you are really attractive you could become a webcam model. Either with a self run site with its own membership system or one of the live chat providers. Be prepared to insert things into yourself on request, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Redacted View Post
            One surefire way to make money on the internet is if you are really attractive you could become a webcam model. Either with a self run site with its own membership system or one of the live chat providers. Be prepared to insert things into yourself on request, though.

Think I'm a bit too old for that Red but a good idea if I was 18 with a figure like an hour glassmay be useful to others thou thanks for the info
            ** Big Thanks to Freedom for Repping me in I wouldn't be here without him **

Comment

One of the most profitable ways that I have seen making money on the internet is just creating basic websites with information that is commonly searched. I know people who are raking in at least an extra few thousand a month just from adsense checks. One guy just searches for upcoming games, and creates websites with beta information, upcoming releases etc. creates a wordpress/digg about his site then it's up and going. **Edit** Forgot to mention, sometimes if you spend a few $$ to get a domain name for a year it helps as well, something that fits well with the content.

Also, those "survey" or ad clicking sites where you can earn a few cents per click or survey actually do work. However to be effective so that you can earn money without doing ANYTHING at all, you have to find the right referrals. If you actually took the time to set up an account on one of those and find active referrals then usually the idea is you get 50% of what they make, 25% of what people they invite make, or something like that. I've actually seen $40,000 checks from these companies (quarterly) being made from people who took years to set these up.
              sigpic

Thanks to Freedom for repping me in.

Comment

Well i love this idea
                and yes it can wprk
                so improve yr skills and go -)

Comment

Re: Working From Home and making money on the internet does it really work?

I'm betting the vast majority of those of us who work from home do exactly the same work as you would in an office...just not in the office. Consulting, freelancing, etc., things that require training and intellect. If you think someone is going to pay you well to do mindless tasks, I think you're in for a disappointment.

Comment

Does working from home really work? Yes.
                    Can a person make a living solely from the internet? Yes.

Comment

My wife makes bespoke wedding stationary and sells it on the internet via her website as she wanted to work from home as we have a baby. She spent weeks searching the internet for home work only to find out they are all scams. I had to stop her sending money to one of them because they are quite good at scamming you..

Comment

some of the sites work while others are youst trying to scam you into investing some money :) :) :)

Comment

I telecommute and so far it's been working far better than expected.

*shrugs*

Comment

Originally posted by JubbaTheHu View Post
                            I telecommute and so far it's been working far better than expected.

*shrugs*
                            Hi JubbaTheHu
                            Could you elaborate a little more please this sounds interesting thanks
                            ** Big Thanks to Freedom for Repping me in I wouldn't be here without him **

Comment

Blogging is the best way post news on tech mobiles any thing you are interested in. blogger is the best when it comes to free they allow to advertise too wordpress.com do not!

Comment

Online MMO's can be Milked for cash. In many any online games you can farm items and sell them for cash. I made thousands from Ultima Online (selling virtual housing), sadly this is not a steady stream.

Comment

Working...
                                X