Population density and homosexuality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Population density and homosexuality

Are the governments of the world and large corporations trying to make more of our global population homosexual in order to control the world's population?

The more members of our species who are gay, the less chance for offspring and hence population will begin to plateau. As homosexuality becomes more celebrated and accepted in all areas of the globe, the likelihood that a child will grow up to be homesexual will rise.

This could be governments/corporations, a natural phenomenon in societies of a critical population, or simply - nothing at all.

Thoughts?

No, they're not. There's absolutely no evidence that this is happening and, in a lot of countries, there's no reason to do so. In Europe, for example, there are countries suffering of population ageing due to low birth rates. In China, where, through your reasoning, it'd be benefical to embrace homosexuality, homosexual couples don't have the same rights as heterosexual couples.
    And no, it's not a natural phenomenon in societies of a critical population since it has been documented since ancient times. The Greeks, for example, were very fond of it.

Comment

Natural phenomenon I would say, people always say nature has a way of balancing things out. Perhaps it is a way to slow down populations growth. But then you could suggest there has always been a larger gay population, it's just society is more accepting to the idea and its no longer a shunned thing?

Comment

Lets make some gigantic penis and vagina floats and drift them out into areas of high populous, we'll get those suckers out even if they don't want to.

Comment

I was actually just talking about something similar to this with some friends of mine a few days ago. The conversation led to sexual behavior among animals. Apparently, the study of animal sexuality is a rapidly changing field of study. In short, nearly every species of animal has evidence of homosexuality and many also masturbate. Wikipedia for more detailed info.

Comment

Ye I think the government and large corporations have nothing to do with it.
            It's a natural thing, but I still wonder whether we don't tend to incline more to homosexuality as a result of growing overpopulation.
            Though that can still be because of different social norms, that people are less afraid of coming out.

Comment

Then how come China, and most third world countries ban gay marriage. It doesn't make any sense because third world countries with population problems are the most homophobic ones, while Europe embraces gays the most. A lot of countries in Europe have a negative population growth rate with the exception of immigration.

Comment

You've got a point, that's definitely a paradox.
                Generally more developed countries are also more tolerant in the terms of... almost anything, I guess.

Comment

In my opinion, the governments of today (even the liberal ones) aren't really encouraging homosexuality. Some are realizing that it's not "forward thinking" to exclude that part of the population, for the most part it's a natural progression of the separation of God and State.
                  A very special thank-you to LaFemmeFatal for my VIP!
                  I am very gracious and she is just awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by TheJesus View Post
                    Are the governments of the world and large corporations trying to make more of our global population homosexual in order to control the world's population?

Thoughts?
                    Well, if that is what they are trying it is failing miserably! As population seems to be sky-rocketing and essential services failing.

There are no more homosexuals than there has been before (in percentage terms). Just now days rather than living a life of lies these people are comfortable to be who they actually are. So perhaps to you it seems like there is more. You should let people be who they are, as long as it does not effect your life or harm anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by care71 View Post

There are no more homosexuals than there has been before (in percentage terms).
                      Yeah, I'm going to disagree with that, because genetics only accounts for a small percentage. Most of it is environmental. Unfortunately, because of homofacism, our society has been almost promoting homosexuality. Apparently, kids have to take classes that teach homosexuality as something like trying a new food or some shit. It's not as bad now, but it's getting worse. Maybe someday pedophilia or zoophilia will be the next big "pride" thing.

Even if some people are gay, back then, they would've stayed in the closet, and would function as a straight person for the most part. Nowadays, they go to gay bars and spread HIV and other VDs that cost taxpayers millions of dollars. According to the CDC 50%+ of people with HIV are homo, when they only account for ~3 percent of the population, or something like that. I don't know how much it costs to keep a person with HIV alive per year, but it's probably not cheap.

Anyways, I think it'd be better for society if we recognize homosexuality as undesirable, but not something to discriminate against, because it's something that people cannot change if they have it. To reduce homosexuality rates, more research should be done to find the causes of homosexuality, whether environmental or genetic.
                      Last edited by ZekeOner; August 13, 2014, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZekeOner View Post
                        Yeah, I'm going to disagree with that, because genetics only accounts for a small percentage. Most of it is environmental. Unfortunately, because of homofacism, our society has been almost promoting homosexuality. Apparently, kids have to take classes that teach homosexuality as something like trying a new food or some shit. It's not as bad now, but it's getting worse. Maybe someday pedophilia or zoophilia will be the next big "pride" thing.
                        If that was true, then how would gay people exist? They all live in a straight environment, born of a man and a woman, everywhere they go they see "normal" straight people. If seeing gay pride, and being taught about being gay in school makes people gay then why was the opposite not true?

It is a difficult discussion to have, about treating self inflicted disease. What about diabetes, if only they had stopped eating. Lung cancer, if only they had stopped smoking. Sadly people seem to take serious risks in life that others have to pay the consequences of. But what do you do about that? People are human, with human weakness. Of my 4 grandparents, 3 of them died of smoking related disease and one of them is alive with sky high blood sugar.

I have a couple of gay friends, and now days there are Apps to meet other gays. They do seem pretty switched on about the risk of STDs, safe sex and getting tested.

I personally think you need to perhaps broaden your horizons a little, meet people from different walks of life as you seem quite judgemental about a group of people you seem to know little about.

Originally posted by ZekeOner View Post
                        Anyways, I think it'd be better for society if we recognize homosexuality as undesirable, but not something to discriminate against, because it's something that people cannot change if they have it. To reduce homosexuality rates, more research should be done to find the causes of homosexuality, whether environmental or genetic.
                        Why are you so concerned about what 3% of society does? That's so tiny, its statistically irrelevant. Are you as concerned about the 20% that smoke, or the 30% who are obese? (They are made up %)
                        Last edited by care71; August 13, 2014, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Greeks and Romans were mad gay with each other and population keeps going up! PUSSY POWER!

Comment

Originally posted by phantomtollboot View Post
                            Greeks and Romans were mad gay with each other and population keeps going up! PUSSY POWER!
                            High fives for the women, open mouth kisses for the men!

Comment

Pedophilia, necrophilia, serial killers, sadists, and so on "exist."

Comment

Working...
                              X