For a fact, intelligent "Aliens" are out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For a fact, intelligent "Aliens" are out there

It would be totally narcissistic of us to believe that we are the only "intelligent" life out there in the infinite amount of galaxies and space.

I know for a fact there has to be "aliens", though I do have a problem believing "Cletus" when he is on tv talking about flying saucers and getting anally probed. >< I believe in aliens, but not in the people who have "seen" them.
    sigpic
    So fuhqued up.

Ive seen some pretty frickin weird shit walking through the mall down town. Let alone "out there"

Comment

I don't think any scientist, or even any well-informed rational person has an issue with the position that extraterrestrial life exists in the Universe. The probability of this is very high, considering the Drake equation in relation to the current state of knowledge of cosmology.

What people should be skeptical about is the accounts of sightings, abductions, etc. which are often from less-than-credible sources. Granted, occasional sightings are from trained and reliable observers, e.g commercial and fighter pilots, but it is not at all clear that these relate to extraterrestrial visitations.

This topic should be in Brain Stew (maybe), but I'm glad it isn't because if it were, I couldn't post in it. :D

Comment

I know it's a question about science, but it does remind me of some philosophy ideas. So basically what is existence? George Berkely is famous for his word: to be is to be perceived. That is, something than can not be sensed doesn't exist. Even you think this is far too idealistic, you possibly also agree that studying the matter that can not be sensed make no sense.
        Some incidents concerning aliens are very famous like the Roswell UFO incident, still without enough evidence we can not confirm the existence of aliens. It's still a question totally unknown, I would leave this question aside until NASA some day make annoucement about alien life.

Comment

I assume there are PROBABLY intelligent life forms out there somewhere (there are a lot of definitions of intelligence though), but what really gets me wondering is what alien life would LOOK like. It seems the limit of human imagination is to make every alien look like a mutated human or mutated cat of some sort.

Comment

One could say there is an intelligence infused into the entire creation. Some kind of knowing beyond the understanding of the human mind.
            It appears in everything down to the tiniest particle . Its like an inbuilt know how where shit just knows what to do. A beautiful example would be that of a single cell that goes through nothing less than a miraculous transformation and somehow makes itself into a human baby.

It seems to me that intelligence is like the substratum of the universe and not quantified within a life form or a brain.

Comment

You have to prove it to me there's something out there beyond the stars. I'm all about science and a higher power but aliens, someone will have to show me to believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by Curious3141 View Post
                What people should be skeptical about is the accounts of sightings, abductions, etc. which are often from less-than-credible sources. Granted, occasional sightings are from trained and reliable observers, e.g commercial and fighter pilots, but it is not at all clear that these relate to extraterrestrial visitations.
                I think there are a few credible sightings. The first that comes to mind is the Phoenix Lights. As far as abductions go, I also think that the abduction of Betty and Barney Hill is very credible. Of course there are a lot of crackpots out there. Personally I think the likelyhood of us coming into contact with an intelligent starfaring species is minimal when you look at galactic time scales and the shelf life of civilization.
                And last but not least here is a link to my favorite nUb tut: http://www.torrent-invites.com/showthread.php?t=237584

Comment

Originally posted by tooms View Post
                  I think there are a few credible sightings. The first that comes to mind is the Phoenix Lights. As far as abductions go, I also think that the abduction of Betty and Barney Hill is very credible. Of course there are a lot of crackpots out there. Personally I think the likelyhood of us coming into contact with an intelligent starfaring species is minimal when you look at galactic time scales and the shelf life of civilization.
                  I wouldn't go so far as to call the Hill abduction "very credible". There have been plenty of skeptical challenges to their story, and many hold that their tale has been debunked. The rest are fair points - although I would caution against drawing very strong conclusions about the shelf-life of civilisations (in general) given that we only have human history to go by. Extraterrestrial civilisations might behave very differently - they might be highly unstable, dying out in a few hundred generations, or extremely stable, lasting many millions of generations.

Comment

It seems like there must be life elsewhere, but it cannot be called "fact" until we find it.

Comment

There is pretty much no way intelligent life has not evolved somewhere else. The question is how long ago it happened or if they're able to traverse the starts. Their circumstances essentially. Alien life could be like Avatar where they're like native tribes. They could have just started to build tools when a cosmic disaster wiped them out. They could be just like us, not quite advanced enough to travel light years practically. There is guaranteed to be life out there, but them being able to make contact here is really the important part in my opinion. Being the enigmatic beings people are making them out to be doesn't make sense to me. They should either be trying to conquer us or study us en mass (More than possible long range scanning) since they have the technology to do it at little risk.

Comment

Now, alien life probably does exist. Now, if you were part of an intelligent enough species to either travel faster quick enough to cover astronomical distances in a reasonable time or build a ship in which entire generations can live and reproduce and die bog knows for how long, when you finally reached another sentient species, would you just hide yourself and only make yourself known through lightshows and by abduction people who'll give dubious testimonies about it? I don't think so.
                        So yes, they are OUT THERE. Not here, on Earth. Not watching us, not studying us or anything.

Comment

@fuhqued Grate thread,...

I have beleved for many years that we are not alone, Out there or here on earth and it seems their are large organizations out their who feel the same. One such organization is CSETI

The Center for the Study of Extraterrestrial Intelligence (CSETI) is an international scientific research and education organization dedicated to the furtherance of our understanding of extraterrestrial intelligence. CSETI was founded in 1990 by Dr. Steven M. Greer, who is the International Director. CSETI's projects include the CE-5 Initiative, and the Disclosure Project.

I have watched the whole documentary and believe this is true, Also the alien references from completely different cultures around the whole globe for our entire history,
                          Steven's wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_M._Greer
                          CSETI main site Home
                          The Disclosure Project
                          CE-5 Initiative

Comment

Of course there is. If they were intelligent enough to make it out their own galaxy, then I highly doubt they would want to meddle with Earth.It's exactly the same as how we have tribe civilizations living in the Amazon rain forests that have never contacted society before. They do not know anything else exists besides them, and we cannot touch them. Wish I had that picture of a helicopter flying over the tribe and having objects thrown at it. They looked weird too.

It kind of feels lonely knowing that there are millions of planets that may have incredibly advanced societies that won't ever touch Earth because of various primitive protection acts.

Or maybe we're just a special gem undiscovered yet. It's a shame I'll be dead before I can see anything interesting happen.

Comment

The "proof" that you need is yourself, and the very planet we inhabit. Our knowledge in chemistry and biology affirms a position where we can acknowledge the probability of intelligent aliens existing. It would be completely asinine to assume that we are inherently special. The ingredients of life are made of finite particles...now imagine a finite source having billions of years to multiply in a universe with nearly 400 billions of galaxies, and so on....

Comment

Working...
                              X