• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple iPad or HP Slate

hi
    tell me what should i go for???
    ipad or slate??

also if anyone own any of these devices pls post your comment regarding their performance and worth of money...

i dont own ipad but i have friendz who own it and its awesome.....so i would say go for ipad

Comment

I would definitely go for the iPad.

Beyond the fact that it looks a lot nicer in my opinion, it also is a lot less of a hassle in the long run. Apple is known for that, however the negative hat usually comes with this is that you loose freedom of customization and installing software.

Think about what you want to do with it, that would help answer your question.

Comment

i vote for ipad, very interesting :D

Comment

texh,
          iPad is a better choice in your case.

Comment

Originally posted by texh View Post
            hi
            tell me what should i go for???
            ipad or slate??

also if anyone own any of these devices pls post your comment regarding their performance and worth of money...
            If you buy either of those you're a sucker! This. Except for the Slate at the top of the list, they're all open source Androids.
            "I have called this principle, by which each slight variation, if useful, is preserved, by the term of Natural Selection."
            - Charles Darwin

Comment

iPad is amazing aesthetically with the great iOS interface and touch controls we've come to love (think big iphone/ipod touch in this regard).

The only complaint I have, which is actually a pretty big one, is the specs. It really is a shame. Which I guess apple usually tries to be more about winning you over with the software rather than the hardware, this is just insufficient for a lot of things and especially uncalled for a device this size.

I mean its a netbook-ish device, but yet has the same memory and processor as a cell phone (the 4G). The spec's work ok for the phone, but on the iPad with its higher resolution there is a need for more. I have mine jailbreaken, so I'm using mine in ways that many people dont. But multitasking you will run into performance decreases and crashes just because the RAM is so limited. And even when you are just running one program you can still feel the effects, my safari web browser is constantly filling up the memory, causing pages the keep reloading themselves and occasionally crashes. And hell, this thing can't even emulate super nintendo games without constant stuttering due to low fps so that should tell you all you need to know about the cpu.

So while I love it for what I use it for most of the time which is just simple stuff like web browsing and reference apps at work and school, trying to use it for anything more has just ended up in frustration, eventually saying hell, I'll just go do this on my computer later.

Comment

if you whant gadgets i recomand you iPad. i saw one at a mate and you cand do almost everything.

Comment

I would prefer the iPad. The invented mind that went into it was well done and its a well laid out concept. My vote is iPad.

Comment

HP Slate all the way, your not limited by what you can do with it. iPad you are held down to a mobile OS ecosystem. Simple decision if you ask me.

Apple limits you to there ideals and whatnot. Yes you can jailbreak it, but why have to?

HP Slate, no jailbreaking, do what you will and want to it without worry. Linux, done deal, Mac OS X x86, done deal, windows applications that have been around for ages, done deal. Choice. Done Deal.

Comment

HP slate definetly

Comment

Hi I say iPad which Im using to write this at the minute , since iv had this never needed to use the laptop anymore

Comment

Personally I love my iPad!

Comment

ipad of course

Comment

iPad, however I don't see a point in buying such a device in a first place.

Comment

Working...
                              X