Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tifosi
    replied
    These are well, tuned render images... if you go with these sorts then well, you're another one down to the marketing hype...

Fact is that the gt300 is not supposed to be that fast since they neutered it a bit, in order to gain control on higher running temps, so the difference has dropped a little between ati's 5870 and the gt300... the gt300 previously was having about in between 10-15 percent more performance in number crunching... as in flop-wise. now, the gap would be smaller since they reduced the shader count... it was all over the web about 10 odd days ago...

I'll try and post often from now on... seems like there are people who'll be interested in catching up on stuff :)

Thanks for reading all of you and thanks for commenting mate :)

Originally posted by kekkek View Post
    yeah i cant wait for the next card generation. im more of a nvidia person then ati. just look what the new cards can render.

i cant wait to get my hands on one of those baby's.

Leave a comment:

• kekkek
    replied
    yeah i cant wait for the next card generation. im more of a nvidia person then ati. just look what the new cards can render.

i cant wait to get my hands on one of those baby's.

Leave a comment:

• tifosi
    started a topic Fermi: Oh so close... I can almost touch it now

Fermi: Oh so close... I can almost touch it now

Well, seems like this is going to be a better year than 2010 after all. Nvidia's Fermi is finally more than a power-point slide, yes pun was intended. Ok, reality check, this will be on display unless something really goes fubar... at the CES. So ladies and gentlemen... the countdown has begun. Hopefully there'll be competition and the cards would be cheaper by March when i will be buying one.

Read more at Fudzilla.com

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/17047/1/

According to our well informed industry sources, Nvidia will display Fermi GPUs at the upcoming CES in Las Vegas. This means we should be able to see it right on January 7th when the show starts.

The company won’t share all the information especially as after CES Nvidia wants to have its famous editor's days in Vegas and show them the power of Fermi. Since this is an NDA event, this is not something we will be attending anytime soon, but most of our good friends will.

The Fermi launch is still “on schedule” for Q1 but we can only hope that this will happen in real people Q1, latest on March 31th and not at Nvidia’s financial Q1 that runs one month behind.

Fermi is real, but since volume production is ramping up, even if launched in January, Fermi would have very limitedly availability for quite a few weeks.

All the delays definitely have casted a bad aura around this product and many people, especially the one whos love the power or ATI, now compare Fermi to NV30. So far, at least with all of the delays, they are not that much off.
    Last edited by tifosi; January 4, 2010, 03:15 PM.
Working...
X