Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desktop Customization

The looks of my desktop?
    This is not a particular question that many people bother to ask themselves.
    Many people leave their desktop cluttered with icons that haven't been clicked on since the ice age.
    Many have plain black backgrounds that scream "Please customize me, I beg you!".
    I fell into this category as well, up until I decided it was time for a change.

The good thing about it is that you have many options when it comes to customizing your desktop. Anything you want to do, you can essentially do it.

All it boils down to, is knowing what tools to use and what's available.

The first thing I would do, to getting you one step closer to achieving that bold looking desktop, is to use a docking program.

If you have seen Mac Os x before, you would have noticed a bar on the bottom filled with icons, in place of a all so familiar start menu. This is what's known as a dock.

There are docks out there you can download that mimic the Mac Os x dock, and look extremely, if not exactly like it.
    The good thing about it is that your not limited to just the stock icons, you can virtually get any icon you want.
    The net is filled with icon packs for your dock program, and you can even make your own icons.

The main two docking programs I would recommend are Objectdock made by Stardock, and Rocketdock made by Zachary Denton and Punk Labs. They are available for basically any operating system out there. More to come...

Don't forget rainmeter - you aren't actually customizing your desktop until you start using it.

Comment

Dont use too many rainmeter addons if you have a slow computer tho, really sacrifices performance :(

Comment

I used object-dock for a while and it was great, but eventually it just gets annoying in my opinion. It just didn't feel natural to use it, I still prefer my normal OS background and I think I will keep it as it is. Although, I recommend object-dock if you wish to customize your desktop background!

Comment

Working...
        X