No announcement yet.

Windows 7.....32 bit or 64 bit and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows 7 ultimate 32bit is the best runs steady and dosnt slow your computer down to much.

Comment

• I use Windows 7 HomePremium 64bit!

Why? I use 8 GB Ram, that only works with 64bit.
      At this time, all good, no Problems.

cya
      Proud Member of:
      ADBT BR ZOMB TL
      Waffles

Looking for Invite to:
      What.cd

Comment

• Windows 7 32 Bit = 1-3GB Ram
        Windows 7 64 Bit = 4-.... GB Ram

Comment

• I agree with DontDoThat, I am an avid 32bit user,opposite of DontDoThat. It has worked well for me in the aspect that I do not do alot of high-end gaming. Office 2010 Pro integrates well with Win 7 also it Duel Boots exceptionally with Ubuntu. I am really happy with this version although it is totally a preference. Hope this helps on your quest for an answer. I believe it really has to do with what your needs are.

Comment

• windows 7 x64 2gb ram,using both x86 and x64 programs no problem.

Comment

• 64 Bit and 32 Bit are the same OSX but on 32 bit you can only use 3 GB Ram

Comment

• I've been using 64 bit Windows 7 since beta and have had no problems at all. Running the latest version now.

Comment

• Got Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, I put that one. Why? Well i have 4x2GB of memory so i needed the 64-bit OS. the 32-bit can only read do 3-3.5GB memory but is a bit less demanding then the 64-bit one. So if i would put a OS on the laptop it would be 32-bit.

Comment

• I use win7 x64 and no problems so far. I took this decision because I may want to add some memory (currently 2gb )

Comment

• i use win 7 32 bit

and its good

Comment

• 64bit so you can have 4gb+ ram. More people are started using 64bit now a day.

Comment

• In my mind there's almost no reason not to go for x64 nowadays. All modern hardware/devices will have 64-bit drivers. I've only come across one bit of hardware that didn't work with x64 and that was some scientific instrumentation (a pair of USB data aquisitiion cards); consumer hardware should be fine.

Comment

• Get with the times man, everything will eventually be 64 bit. And after that 128 bit, and so on... 32 bit will die out. Soo people can hang on to 32 bit if they want but it wont last forever, eventually programs will no longer be made for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ransomnote View Post
                              Get with the times man, everything will eventually be 64 bit. And after that 128 bit, and so on... 32 bit will die out. Soo people can hang on to 32 bit if they want but it wont last forever, eventually programs will no longer be made for it.
                              Here, here!

Comment

• if you have 4 GB or more RAM always go for 64 bit since 32 bit only supports up to 3.3 GB or somewhere along those lines

aside from that there aren't really many other reasons, native 64 bit applications don't really give that much of a speed boost and not to mention most 64 bit versions of programs/codecs are experimental and highly buggy

64 bit also can't run 16 bit applications which means all those old games which were made before xp in case you plan to reminisce

but anyway 64 bit is the future and it is what I run so in spite of some drawbacks I'd recommend it

Comment

Working...
                                X