Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2D to 3D Desktop - Have you tried Bumptop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2D to 3D Desktop - Have you tried Bumptop?

Hi,

I found this interesting program called bumptop which I've been experimenting with lately. It changes the shape and style of your desktop from 2D to 3D. I tested its features and the software seems pretty amazing.

Of course I posted this new thread to ask the following:-

- Have you tried this software or a simillar one?
    - Should desktops remain the way they are or is it time for evolution?
    - Finally, what do you think is a major feature/element currently missing in your conventional 2D or new 3D desktops?

-b2241
    Proud Member of: FF, LB, BG, IPT and TL
    Special Thanks to my friends: MrInternet, Remore, the0ne, Petrol, Dan, BuckyShort, gin101

PS: If you think a post is useful, dont forget to Thank it!

Never tried something like this, but I might give it a try, because it looks cool :D

Comment

Wow. I had seen this on TED (Anand Agarawala demos BumpTop | Video on TED.com) back in 2007. I hadn't thought that it would become a real product.

I think that, and maybe many will agree with me, that this program just creates the same mess that already exists on real desks.

Though, there's definitely a need to revolutionize the standard window-application model to a more data-centric model.

Finally, mice are so 1980...

Comment

I had tried 3D desktop but IMHO unless you have multiple monitors or a big one you will go back to 2D desktop

Comment

I tried it on the windows 7 beta that was running on bootcamp, it was good, but not great, ill defo try it again when it comes out or mac

Comment

hmmm, I dont like these kind of stuff, Im ok with the w7 desktop

Comment

Originally posted by kiplantt View Post
              Wow. I had seen this on TED (Anand Agarawala demos BumpTop | Video on TED.com) back in 2007. I hadn't thought that it would become a real product.

I think that, and maybe many will agree with me, that this program just creates the same mess that already exists on real desks.

Though, there's definitely a need to revolutionize the standard window-application model to a more data-centric model.

Finally, mice are so 1980...
              something INCREDIBLY big would be needed to get rid of mice, they are too perfect, as you said they have been used since the 80's developers, users, everyone knows how to use it. Mice and keyboards are the most accurate things we have for PC's, I don't see the mouse and keyboard going anywhere at least for another 50-100 years.

Comment

Hey man, thanks for this great find and welcome to T-I.

Comment

Pretty neat program. I tested it out for a few hours and I like it. The only thing is I don't usually have icons cluttered on my desktop - just the bare wallpaper. Aside from that, those who do use the desktop would probably like it.

Comment

I never tested such a program or similar ... I think the computers have to follow the evolution ... The main feature is the technological innovation of 3D

Comment

Working...
                    X