Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have You Installed The "FREE" Windows® 10 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have You Installed The "FREE" Windows® 10 ?

Here are a couple of questions for you.

Have you installed the "FREE" Windows 10? Is it the Home or Pro version?
    Does it say "activated" or not?
    If you upgraded (not a fresh installation), did you manage to keep all of your seeding torrents, etc.?

Post-upgrade edit: I have upgraded my laptop OS to Windows 10 from my genuine Windows 7. It was a smooth transition and I am really happy with the speed and features Windows 10 has to offer. It's a Pro edition as I was on a Windows 7 Ultimate. It's activated as noted in my computer properties and having used the "upgrade now" feature, all my programs including seeding torrents were in tact.

By the way, please vote on the poll question!
    Best Windows ever!
    37.93%
    Had to revert back.
    10.34%
    Haven't tried it yet. Sticking to my 7
    37.93%
    Haven't tried it yet. Sticking to my 8.1
    13.79%
    Last edited by Sagittarius; September 13, 2015, 04:16 PM.

I UPGRADED (not fresh) from a pirated - Win8.1 Pro 64bit >> got genuine Win10 Pro without any activation. Now I can do a fresh install and the license stay genuine forever
    All previously installed programs works fine. Only the NVIDIA video cards has to be updated to a win10 driver.

As for user experience: I did have some problems with the start menu crashing and went black, having to restart but I think some updates fixed it.
    Other than that, it's a beautiful windows
    Last edited by eXtreme23; September 6, 2015, 07:23 AM.

Comment

I haven't. I'm waiting for a stable win10 version from Microsoft and an complete privacy and license fix from pirate.

Comment

Originally posted by eXtreme23 View Post
        I UPGRADED (not fresh) from a pirated - Win8.1 Pro 64bit >> got genuine Win10 Pro without any activation. Now I can do a fresh install and the license stay genuine forever
        All previously installed programs works fine. Only the NVIDIA video cards has to be updated to a win10 driver.

As for user experience: I did have some problems with the start menu crashing and went black, having to restart but I think some updates fixed it.
        Other than that, it's a beautiful windows

So the torrents were the same status as you left them with your 8.1, great.

What was the procedure you used to upgrade to Windows 10 which gave you a permanent Pro key?

THanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Sagittarius View Post
          So the torrents were the same status as you left them with your 8.1
          Yes

I downloaded it with the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft: Windows 10

then run it within Win8.1 and choose upgraded

You can refresh your windows b4 upgrade but dont format and do fresh install cause you wont get the free license.
          Also remember that you only have 1 year to upgrade. After 8/2016, there will be no free upgrade.
          Last edited by eXtreme23; September 6, 2015, 11:05 PM.

Comment

I also did the upgrade, though using the get Win10 option they gave on 8.1. I'm using the Pro version.

It would seem if you used a specific method to get win 8.1 activated, then win10 would consider your PC fully licensed and legal.

I'm still getting used to it. One major turnoff for me was when trying to use the "Settings" on win 10. The front "Settings", the one they want you to use, is overly simplistic for me as opposed to the good old Control Panel. To get to the Control Panel, your only way in was to right-click the start menu and select it.

Otherwise, it is really good. It starts fast on SSD, seems even smoother than 8.1 and I haven't seen many bugs. I've seen my PC flicker between white and black colors because of an update today but it was quickly fixed with a hard turn-off and turn-on. There doesn't seem to be any issues at the moment.

As for the privacy, I have used some tools available on the web to make it more private, deleted a few services and I'm using a local account (no Microsoft bullsh*t online account).

I'm still keeping my laptop from upgrading, though. That way, I'll have some emergency PC if sh*t hits the fan with Win10 on my desktop one...

Comment

Windows 8.1 best windows ever ...Works very fast on old desktop ...While windows 7 was lagging and had huge performance impact. Win 8.1 > Win 7 in terms of performance on old hardware...
              New ones even better.

I like stable system.Window 8.1 got really good stability now...Sticking to it for a while. unless you are gamer who wants Directx 12 and New Cortana ,some new graphics stuff and features ,better off with 8.1 or win 7 ...

Comment

Originally posted by Uchiha View Post
                unless you are gamer who wants Directx 12 and New Cortana ,some new graphics stuff and features ,better off with 8.1 or win 7 ...
                I don't even think that Cortana is worth it. They ask way too many things that go against your privacy to "make it work". Now, D12, on a other hand, is quite worth it.

Comment

I upgraded and i love windows 10 and i don't believe all the hype. The whole Microsoft is going to delete your torre3nts bulls**t. If they started doing that they would have way to many pissed off people.

Comment

Cortana is disabled in my country though... ("by company policies" bla bla...)

Comment

Yes, had a pirated but activated Windows 7 Ultimate copy installed and the OTA upgraded it to activated Windows 10 Pro.
                      Last edited by satxSPURS; September 8, 2015, 10:25 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I would also like to point out that my computer is filled with cracked software and after i upgraded everything still worked perfectly!

Comment

Anyway, I feel that after the one year period, we'll see what are Microsoft's real intentions.

We'll see if they actually know about the pirated licenses and software we have and are waiting for the trap to fall on a max quantity of users...

Comment

[MENTION=345372]GreatCat[/MENTION] you really believe all that? They are not going to go on everyone of there customers hard drive and delete pirated software. When you upgraded they checked that you didn't have pirated Microsoft software. Btw this is something that they always had the capability of doing. Its just a punch of hype. The whole Microsoft will delete my torrents thing.

Comment

Originally posted by High_Definition View Post
                              @GreatCat you really believe all that? They are not going to go on everyone of there customers hard drive and delete pirated software. When you upgraded they checked that you didn't have pirated Microsoft software. Btw this is something that they always had the capability of doing. Its just a punch of hype. The whole Microsoft will delete my torrents thing.
                              I don't believe they will do that either but they do have the means for it. What I'm saying is I wonder if they will use these means (scripts, updates, etc) after a year or if they are full of hot air.

Comment

Working...
                              X