Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network watcher tool

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a tool that can list ALL devices connected to a WiFi network AND show the bandwidth that is used by each of them.
    The first part is easy but the second part is a little bit hard to find ...

Thanks for help :)

You can check gargoyle router app on google .
    Hope you find what you are looking for.

Comment

I think your only chance is to check if your router supports this feature. My router (AVM Fritz!Box) only can list the connected devices and show how much bandwidth is used in total, but not per device.

Comment

Originally posted by sanju0001 View Post
        You can check gargoyle router app on google .
        Hope you find what you are looking for.
        Hi, Thanks but it cannot work, gargoyle is only valid with a specefic router ..

Originally posted by Dayo View Post
        I think your only chance is to check if your router supports this feature. My router (AVM Fritz!Box) only can list the connected devices and show how much bandwidth is used in total, but not per device.
        Yes you're right .. Do you have any idea what is the best router that supports this feature?

Comment

I don't know which routers feature this out of the box. There exists an alternative firmware for the "AVM Fritz!Box"es, called freetz, with a package manager. One of the available packages is vnstat. It monitors the traffic by interface. I don't know if each WAN- and LAN port of the FritzBox counts as one network interface, but it should. However, it seems like it cannot distinguish WiFi connections. Also it seems like it can't distinguish local traffic from internet traffic.

Maybe vnstat is not the right tool, but with freetz you get a hint of what to look for. Maybe you want to check for some DD-WRT or OpenWRT (both alternative firmwares for routers) compatible routers. Both alternative firmwares have a software package manager as well and there might be some tool that's well suited for you. I'd first research a little bit and then ask in the respective communities of the alternative firmwares. They should know best ;)

Comment

my router has this Quality of Service that I think could be used to make priorities to traffic, but i don't know how to make it work. Does anyone know how to program this ?? to give priority to HTTP over P2P

https://image.torrent-invites.com/im...1/QoSL9vIB.jpg

Comment

Working...
            X