Do you you use a password manager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuitarGurl View Post
    I've used Lastpass for years. They were recently acquired by LogMeIn. I don't know anything about that company, but there were so many negative comments on Lastpass' blog announcement, that they shut down that post for comments. I highly recommend Lastpass, but according to some, this new merger is not a good thing. I guess time will tell.
    I am actively looking to migrate off LastPass. It's been a fantastic product over the years that I have used it but I was deeply angered by the way that LogMeIn handled their transition from Freemium to Subscription-Only product.

Actually, just thinking about it now has rekindled all that anger. I will not allow myself to be put in such a vulnerable position by LogMeIn again and so, for me, LastPass is on the way out of the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarissa View Post
      I am actively looking to migrate off LastPass. It's been a fantastic product over the years that I have used it but I was deeply angered by the way that LogMeIn handled their transition from Freemium to Subscription-Only product.

Actually, just thinking about it now has rekindled all that anger. I will not allow myself to be put in such a vulnerable position by LogMeIn again and so, for me, LastPass is on the way out of the door.
      Wow....I'm so sorry for dredging up bad feelings. From what I'm reading, a lot of folks feel the same way that you do. I actually never used LogMeIn and I don't have the first clue about them. Like I said, I just have to wait and see. I rely on Lastpass so much, I'd hate to change, but I will if I have to. Especially is LogMeIn has so many nefarious practices.

Comment

I find that Roboform is very useful. I hope nobody will steal my passwords.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarissa View Post

Damn. Did not know about this. Seems it might be the time to look for alternatives.

Comment

Only use it for the non important passes. I write everything down and keep a copy as a backup, locked up and secured. I also hold a usb hub just in case. You can never be not too protective of your passes. :D

Comment

Got all the passes encrypted on a piece of paper in my wallet. If anyone can descipher first my handwriting and next the random crap I use to make sure only I understand what it means they deserve full acess (and a Nobel price)

Comment

Just inside Chrome

Comment

Yes,
                  I am using LastPass, and it works almost perfectly. Sometimes it's autofill system fails to work properly and sometimes removing sites is a little bit buggy, but overall it's one of the very best password managers I have ever used.

Comment

Ages ago I used Roboform, but now use 1Password across the board. However, I don't trust (or use) the browser extension. Also, I noted that some write-ups state that 1Password does not support 2FA. That is incorrect, it does.

Comment

[MENTION=299727]beurtbalkje[/MENTION]: How do you fit them all? I'd need at least 2 A4's to fit all the accounts I have.

Comment

I highly recommend keepass
                        It is open source and you are in control over where your passwords are stored.

Comment

I do use one, my brain

Comment

Working...
                          X