I Need Assembler Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Assembler Help

Hi, I was wondering if anybody could give me some help with assembler. I have never coded in this before & I would like some help on how to start.

I would like to know what the best way of making assembler programs is & I also would like to know some of the basic commands.

Remember that I am a complete n00b to this language, so don't assume I know anything!

Any help would be great!

Originally posted by SunSpyda View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if anybody could give me some help with assembler. I have never coded in this before & I would like some help on how to start.

I would like to know what the best way of making assembler programs is & I also would like to know some of the basic commands.

Remember that I am a complete n00b to this language, so don't assume I know anything!

Any help would be great!
    Assembler for which computer architecture?

Comment

X86.... I know very little about assembler, so this computer architecture business will need explaining as well!
      Last edited by SunSpyda; September 19, 2008, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Assembly Language

Originally posted by SunSpyda View Post
        X86.... I know very little about assembler, so this computer architecture business will need explaining as well!
        Since I'm an assembly programmer :P , I might be able to advise ...

The best way to start assembly language is to learn how simple chips operate. It might be just too expensive for your to start this if youre not learning it at school or university because getting an emulator is the best way.

When people mention assembly, they usually refer to either Intel or PIC. Since you mentioned X86 it means you're going the intel path. I'd rather you start learning how Intel 8051 "Microcontroller" works, its much simpler and if you successd x86 is just simillar. You'll find it easier to program if you learn the hardware + hardware interfacing is fun! Technical Datasheets understanding is a must though.

You'll have to learn basics of data, and how its transferred to registers and arethmatic use. Commands such as "mov, add, sub, db, etc..." Jumps between coding lines and data pointers.

and I can go on and on and on .... Best to do is get a book called "Assembly Language" it will teach you the basics and more. Or become an electronics engineer (and focus on the microelectronics).
        Proud Member of: FF, LB, BG, IPT and TL
        Special Thanks to my friends: MrInternet, Remore, the0ne, Petrol, Dan, BuckyShort, gin101

PS: If you think a post is useful, dont forget to Thank it!

Comment

yeah youre right just know the basic steps like mov, add etc and know what the pointer are doing. like the stack point. mark pointer. im learning assembler programming on the university and im still a bit of a noob how assembler works but after a few months i know more of assembler programming and i think i can help you then.

Comment

Working...
          X