Windows 7 Or Windows 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 Or Windows 8

As the title says do you prefer windows 7 or windows 8? Feel free to post why :D
    Windows 7!
    60.48%
    Windows 8!
    25.81%
    Linux for life!
    10.48%
    Mac
    3.23%
    sigpic
    "We are Anonymous, We are Legion, We do not Forgive, We do not forget, Expect us."
    || FAQ || Rules || Ratio Proof Guide || iGiver Guide ||
    || Want to be a TI DJ? Apply HERE ||

I for one believe Windows 8 has quite an advantage to the Windows 7 users. The Metro is not quite where it needs to be yet, Ill give you that, but the Desktop on Windows 8 trumps Windows 7. I'm speaking from the perspective of the power user that needs side by side explorers with in panel tools that our a short cut to the Windows 7 version. So the Explorer is one advantage of Windows 8. The Task Manager is another super advancement to the Windows 8 accompaniments. It has a vast array of perspectives to view what is going on with your system. For example you can facilitate the process of troubleshooting your system by viewing DLL's and shell programs within the TaskMgr - a task that either takes a third party or using the DOS command tools to do. And that's the tip of the iceberg. I won't go into much details now as this is not a CV for Windows 8 but just to generalize a bit.

So forget about this Metro thing,.. and how it's not built for the power user; and how it effects Windows 8 as a whole. Of course metro is not built for the power user! The Desktop is! And as far as the Start Menu is concerned, you can easily plug one in or even purchase a fancy one for no more than 5 bucks. Besides, do you really need a start menu? Is it something real power users use?

But lets get to the real core of the beast, the memory allocations. Windows 8 has taken a more Linux approach into handling memory. Don't be disconcerted by this. By filling up your physical memory, your applications will run faster and smoother. This is a best practice approach, in my opinion. And although Microsoft hasn't disclosed all of their intriguing improvements in how they manage memory, they have explained a few is greater detail - which I'm not going to get into but include the Windows Heap, Windows Kernel, and Address Space Layout Randomization.

In Summary, if you love your Windows 7, your gonna love Windows 8 that much more.
    Last edited by RimsOne; March 20, 2013, 10:06 PM.

Comment

I used win8 for a month and changed back to win7 now. Admittedly some improvements really impress me, the short-cuts make many things easy, like pressing win+Q to search softwares or files. The metro is useless to me because at most two tasks are allowed to run in front(Correct me if I'm wrong). Besides I have to setup a third-party software to have the classic start menu back. If I take so many effects to get a "claasic" win8, why not just use win7 instead?
      Following apple and google, microsoft start its own app store. Considering all apps in the store have to be verified to be safe, I think it's a good place to download softwares, but I don't understand why microsoft focus so much on metro apps only and win8 that non-win8 users cannot get access to the store.

Comment

I'm in agreement on the Windows 8 front. There really isn't anything I can't do on it, its fast, works well with all my devices, provided TRIM support for SSD out of the gate and getting around the OS is relatively easy regardless of the missing start menu. In the end its all about how productive I am on my systems. On Win8 I'm able to game, manage servers, develop, run my graphic design work, and really tweak the system to my liking (powershell, new task mgr, optimization settings) without the need for add-on's. Plus I don't mind the Metro interface if / when I decide to use it. I just organized it the way I logically would group things. But, I'm an WIN-Q / WIN-W type of guy anyway. So, my answer is Win8.

Comment

Windows 7 (never tried Windows 8) but lots of fellas says they disappointed about the new Windows so lot came back to Windows 7 while others waiting for a new OS.

Comment

I vote for windows 7. I've tried windows 8 and feel very disappointed :(

Comment

Windows 8 has been great for me. It took just a short while using it before I loaded it on all my computers. Its very fast and has been amazingly stable for me. I can do everything that Windows 7 can and I love the way your profiles sync settings across all your devices. Windows 8 for me!

Comment

For now my vote goes to Win 7 as at the moment the Win 8 is very buggy .

Comment

Windows 7 no doubt, has everything for most users
                  the touch interface of windows 8 suite programmers , and photoshop users
                  sigpic

Raum shadowbuild extJSDB(For VIP) Copper TankGirl IguessNot KevinTrevor
                  Cafe gblaze ghost6945
                  Hyoksang
                  pejiotoPatriotlion GPaX HunTer666 MadafakinBATMAN
                  WhiteLie (For signature) MichaelJenkinsSportsFan23
                  and all the other members and friends (omg too many to add to list)

Comment

Windows 7. I don't really like the new Metro interface of Windows 8...

Comment

Looking like windows 7 is taking the lead! :P
                      sigpic
                      "We are Anonymous, We are Legion, We do not Forgive, We do not forget, Expect us."
                      || FAQ || Rules || Ratio Proof Guide || iGiver Guide ||
                      || Want to be a TI DJ? Apply HERE ||

Comment

Windows 7, it hasn't given me a single problem so no reason to upgrade yet. I'll wait for the next release as Windows 8 seems a bit iffy and is too focused towards tablets.

Comment

Windows 8 defiantly takes some time getting used to. I forced myself to install it as my main OS and commit to using it for at least 2 weeks. First week was hard as I was learning the new keyboard shortcuts, and hot corners. After the 2nd week, I found myself more productive with Win 8.

With that said... I still find myself swearing at it from time to time. Windows 8 is not for everyone. But it is a step in the right direction for integrating tables and PCs into one.

Comment

Windows 8 haters gonna hate
                            We buy things we don't need, with money we don't have, to impress people we don't like.

Comment

i prefer win 7
                              win 8 you can use if you ve got multitouch screen or waek pc
                              its my opinion

Comment

Working...
                              X