Windows 8 Opinions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 8 Opinions!

I've installed yesterday windows 8 release version and honestly i have a very good opinion about it!I really enjoyed it and i cant wait for the final version.I do only hope that they will make more....dynamic with a mouse.So what do you guys think about this?

Haven't tried yet, but this looked interesting:

Comment

Personally I did not like Window 8 as it seem more appropriate for users who were more of a touchscreen user rather then the traditional mouse user, However it has its merits and seems to boot up faster and also has a really nice aesthetic appeal ,but at the mean time i am going to stick with Window 7. :P

Comment

Haven't tried it yet and probably never will because I switched over to Linux
        but anyways IMO Windows XP FTW no matter what :P

Comment

Originally posted by HKISM View Post
          Personally I did not like Window 8 as it seem more appropriate for users who were more of a touchscreen user rather then the traditional mouse user, However it has its merits and seems to boot up faster and also has a really nice aesthetic appeal ,but at the mean time i am going to stick with Window 7. :P
          I thought the same, and will stick with windows 7 as well :)

Comment

Does anyone know the release date of the official on sale eight?

Comment

I don't really like Windows 8, I think I will stay loyal to 7.

Comment

File transferring is supposed to be wicked fast on 8.

Comment

In single word "Awesome"...

Super fast transfer speed, Cool interface, clean IE11 and on of many great features is their new driver compatibility system... That means, we dont have to worry about xfx or others old hardware's drivers anymore....

And these aren't the 10% of the the 8 :P

Comment

Originally posted by achls View Post
                    Haven't tried yet, but this looked interesting:

history repeats itselfs......

Comment

I used the user preview of it and personally i didn't like it simply because of the "metro ui" interface.If somehow we could disable that then i'd have gone with it but unfortunately it can't be done as of now.So, i'd stick with windows 7.

Comment

I do not really dig the Metro interface. Under the hood, many changes occured and are really welcomed. I've followed all those developpments but no, Metro is not really for desktop computing. On tablets it will be good i bet but i'll stay with WIndows 7, unless they really improve the experience before it hits the stores.

I think that the result of the path they are taking will be seen when they'll release Windows 9. I'm still curious to see how "average computer users" will welcome Windows 8.

Comment

Like a lot of people I too dislike the metro UI for desktops, sure on tablets and phones it could be really handy, but when you have a mouse I find it kind of clunky. Why would they even design it for touch interfaces I can't understand, since tablets will never replace a proper workastation.

Comment

I honestly don't like the metro ui at all. I haven't given up on windows 8 yet though. I'm not a fan of running everything in fullscreen mode, especially web surfing on a 24" monitor. I prefer the traditional start button, but at the same time I can see what Microsoft's vision is. I ran it on a virutal machine and was stable but I'll try it out on my laptop to see if I can get used to the new controls. It does have a bit of a learning curve though.

Comment

I feel it's too soon, another yr on win 7 would be great... by then SSD prices will be just right too :D

Many companies are still on XP... let alone Vista or 7...

Comment

Working...
                              X