Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you make the Leap from mouse to hands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you make the Leap from mouse to hands?

Is the mouse becoming obsolete or is this just a gimmick? Wii and Kinect by no means replaced the controller but what about interacting with your computer using hand movements. The Leap technology claims to be 200 times more accurate than anything else on the market. The video looks cool and it might be fun for awhile but will this be better then using a mouse?

Leap Motion

I hate screen smudges. I will stick with my trackball. I am already annoyed I have to clean my iPhone daily, let alone my pc, tv, or whatever else is touch screen nowadays.

Comment

probably get tired from holding your hands up all day so nope

Comment

Mice and keyborad is everything I need.
        P.S. if they make like kinect or move than it will be ok. To play with friends on PC boxing would be very interesting.

Comment

I prefer mice and keyboard for gaming. Especially first person shooters, for car games etc, a console is fine, and for sports games like bowling, cricket, baseball WII's are fun. But the accuracy you can achieve on a PC and the level of graphics that a high performance gaming PC can give is still alot better then anything achievable else where.
          sigpic
          Thank you Vector King for repping me in!
          Thank you DocDoom for this awesome signature, and avatar.

My giveaways:
          HFU GA|DH | IPT | TL

Comment

I agree no way is Leap replacing the mouse and keyboard for gaming. It might be fun to play some games with it but not competitively. The appeal for me is web browsing. Being able to scroll and click pages with hand motions sounds like fun. You can also program it to recognize hand gestures, Say you make a peace sign and that brings up your browser. Fun but still possibly just a gimmick that would become tiring. steamace mentioned I think the best argument against this product that holding up your hands would be a burden compared to the relaxed positions with mouse and keyboard.

Fun as it may seem im not so sure this is the future of computer interaction. Though it may be useful for surgeons and engineers.

Comment

That's actually kinda cool. Not exactly sure what I'd use it for, but definitely cool.

Comment

This looks really cool, but I will never give up my mouse for something like this. It looks really tiring, a mouse looks more comfortable.

Comment

Universal to make a mega keyboard + mouse

Comment

Working...
                  X