Laptop or Desktop...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop or Desktop...

So I got some choices I have a decent laptop atm a gseries asus, i'm not sure if I should max out my laptop with the best of everything or find a great desktop. Money isn't a issue and I got about 2k usd to spend on a new comp. Anyone want to help me out and help sway me in one direction?

I vote desktop... I guess it depends if you're going to move it around.

I always find you get better value and performance from a desktop than you do from a lappy. Also, being able to use generic parts is a plus too.

Comment

desktop..... because you can customize as you want. and speed matters man!!
      you can play best games on PC!!!

Thank you very much SB for Giving me VIP
      if you want any help from me just feel free to PM me Anytime

Comment

You just wont get the performance from a laptop then a desktop. I had an alienware laptop a while back and it was just a pain finding the custom signed alienware drivers etc. With desktop, you can easily upgrade parts. Vote goes to desktop. :)

Comment

For me deskstop

Comment

Desktop, unless you specifically want a laptop. You will get more for your money and it will be easier to upgrade and expand. Much more processing power and customizability, the only minus is that it isn't very mobile... But if you're going to use it at home anyway it shouldn't matter much.

Comment

I suggest you go for desktop and use your laptop as "backup" pc.
              Alot easier to upgrade when new parts of computer get released and easy to install.

Comment

I think is not about the capability of upgrade or drivers. You have to ask to yourself what is the use you're going to give to the PC. If you need mobility, becouse you're going to use the PC out of your home, in college, work, whatever... then buy the best laptop you can with that money... If you're going to use the PC only at your home... the answer is desktop, except that you want to use it from the bathroom...
                Obviously the desktop form factor allows you to get more power and performance in the same range of money than a laptop.

Comment

Definitely a desktop if you're looking at playing games. The Laptop will likely overheat etc.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you Vector King for repping me in!
                  Thank you DocDoom for this awesome signature, and avatar.

My giveaways:
                  HFU GA|DH | IPT | TL

Comment

Get a desktop if you do not need to move it. As mentioned above as long as you do not need to move your computer on a regular basis a desktop makes sense. There are also different sizes of towers for desktops. I currently have a very large tower that allows me to put anything I want in my case, but there are other smaller more movable desktop towers on the market designed for gamers on the move. Really matters what you are looking for.

Comment

If you have a decent laptop then get a desktop

Comment

another vote for laptop, unless all you are going to do is browse the internet and maybe watch some videos. Desktops are a lot easier to deal with, as well as cheaper, faster, etc.

Comment

I do often find myself wanting a more mobile device. TBH If I had 2k too spend I would spend 1k on a desktop and 1k on a laptop. Since you already have a decent laptop though I wouldn't worry about it and just get a desktop.

Comment

I prefer getting a Desktop Because there will be more replaceable parts but unless it is an old desktop, Replaceable parts is just hard to find. For laptop Use it for portability but Most Netbooks are not for gaming and are mostly slow. But they are quite cheap.

Before getting a desktop look for review to see what do people think about it just to help reduce the change of getting a bad one

Comment

I'f you want to play games then definately desktop pc or if you got money coming out of your ass:-D you can probably afford a pretty wicked gaming laptop but otherwise go with desktop., Tomshardware.com recently had a system builder marathon article series again and there were some pretty impressive builds.

Check them out if you like System Builder Marathon, March 2012: $2600 Performance PC : Au Contraire: More CPU, Less GPU.

Comment

Working...
                              X