Recently switched to Linux (Mint) and I must say it is really great
    Only reason to go back to Windows is for playing games and such

Comment

Ubuntu...
      At this moment Lubuntu (with LXDE)..
      P.S.
      Now I'm testing hackintosh..

Comment

Windows XP, never had a problem with it so why change?

Comment

Linux, of course. It's simply better.
          The only reason that I still use Windows is that there is a larger amount of software supported on the platform.

Comment

I would go for ubuntu for the speed and because it is customizable. But i do always have a dual boot for windows, if i want to play games.

Comment

I use win7,but i like linux too.

Comment

I use Windows 7 Professional. (My favourite Windows XP)

Comment

windows when working...

Comment

1st ---> Mac
                    2nd ---> Linux
                    3rd ----> Windows.

Yes i use all three
                    sigpic

Towering over the fallen he stands. All-knowing, Just, that which lesser men aspire to be. There is naught he can't accomplish once he sets his gaze upon a goal, for he is, The Exalted.

Comment

i started using ubuntu when vista was becoming extremely irritating. ever since then, i haven't look back...unless i wanted to play games.

Comment

Ubuntu all the way !!

Comment

Windows at home, and ubuntu on the move. Ubuntu for the lightweight, quick, task driven computing and windows for software compatibility and looking pretty.
                          If I had to choose one I'd stick with windows, it just feels smoother and has less hiccups.

Comment

windows throughout its different versions has dominated the world of OS the past 15 years , yet during the last few year
                            a drastic change is occurring and people have lost their loyalty towards windows - some would say for a reason some would say not (not the point of the thread)
                            yet a somewhat clear roll has been established for each OS

Windows - average user + people who want to be pc gamers and by and large the biggest software support of them all ( cant defy it most software is mainly for windows)
                            Mac - mainly for people that have a specific work relatedl need - like graphic designers who are known to be a major crowd for the mac
                            Linux - a small stream of people who mainly prefer not going the way everybody else goes + was known to be the safest of the OS (since most viruses were created to attack windows users)+ and of course the main reason the open code and the ability to modify everything ( knowledge dependent)

and what each OS is trying to do right now is to break the roll that has allegedly been given to it.

as for myself i have tried all 3 , and have 2 OS on my pc atm (Ubuntu and win 7)

Comment

Working...
                            X