No announcement yet.

4TB hard drive (release date, samsung)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4TB hard drive (release date, samsung)

THE 4TB HARD DRIVE HAS ARRIVED! You can order in seagate or you could even preorder on amazon but now it seems to be out of stock. The Mac version of the hard drive will be available at the end of the month according to engadget.

For more info read or ubergizmo for example or a quick search on google with tons of results

The price would be 230-250$ and is called Seagate Goflex 4tb

Expect more info and drives from other companies (like Western Digital for example) in the following weeks or few months

Last edited by Fdez87; September 10, 2011, 12:45 PM. Reason: Updated info: Seagate Goflex 4tb

I am not a native Speaker so any feedback is welcomed

Re: 4TB hard drive (release date, samsung)

Thanks for news. It would be better if released 400 TB Hard Disk :)
    Proud Member of :

Comment

LOL, still can't manage the money to buy 2TB. :-D

Comment

Ahhh, it is said that never buy samsung hard disks and laptops. LOL.
        where is WD xD
        Thanks to:
        Jessica for repping me in
        | ebboni for iPT | DarkPrince for hd-bits.ro |
        maverick2001 for PtN | mr_man for IMAGiNE

Visit my G/As 10% 33% 55%

Tell your friends that I may have requests in the Request section.

Preparing for: Pedro's

Comment

Like any new product, I'm sure the price will be unreasonably high... I think I'll just RAID two 2TB HDDs, it will probably be cheaper

Comment

well, actually you can buy in england wd 3tb external hard drives for 135, which is quite cheap considering they always starts around 200. I have seen this in amazon, but I am sure is more or less the same in all websites

in amazon us the 3tb wd drive is 171$ (I think they started around 250$) Amazon.com: Western Digital My Book Essential 3 TB USB 3.0/2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive: Electronics

And the seagate (in my opinion worse trademark) is 160$ Amazon.com: Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk 3 TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive STAC3000100 (Black): Electronics

and on newegg the 3tb WD hard drive is 180$ Newegg.com - Western Digital My Book Essential 3TB USB 3.0 / USB 2.0 Black External Hard Drive WDBACW0030HBK-NESN
            Last edited by Fdez87; April 10, 2011, 08:19 AM.

Comment

It's so funny. You buy one this year and the next a better one appears.

Comment

Alsou here in Italy the largest that i found was 2T....I will buy 4T when they gonna sale here!

Comment

What sort of drives are they internal/external/portable?

Comment

The ones I posted are external, but once they tend to be released more or less at the same time (the 3tb internal are cheaper, around 80-100 pounds I guess).

Comment

Great news but imagine if the drive screwed up - lot of data too lose specially if your "Back Up Shy" like me
                      sigpic

Comment

It's exciting that they're putting out drives with such high capacity now, but I always like to get a size that has been around for awhile. Helps me trust that it's gonna be reliable. I guess this means it's time for me to grab a 2 TB external though, that's exciting enough in its own right. :D

Comment

It's exciting that they're putting out drives with such high capacity now, but I always like to get a size that has been around for awhile. Helps me trust that it's gonna be reliable. I guess this means it's time for me to grab a 2 TB external though, that's exciting enough in its own right. :D
                          Actually, I think its time for 3tb, not 2tb

Comment

Originally posted by garbageman View Post
                            Like any new product, I'm sure the price will be unreasonably high... I think I'll just RAID two 2TB HDDs, it will probably be cheaper
                            And marginally faster if it's RAID0 but if you lose one drive you lose everything :S

Comment

Originally posted by pH4ze View Post
                              And marginally faster if it's RAID0 but if you lose one drive you lose everything :S
                              Never had been a fan of RAID0. More important for me the security of the data than the speed, and, in the case i wanted speed...I would better go for the SSD drives isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                              X