Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many coders wear glasses or contacts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many coders wear glasses or contacts?

I am just curious as to the number of coders who have vision problems(it always seems to be high!). Do you wear contacts or glasses? If so what is your prescription(or degree?)

I wear mostly contacts and my prescription is currently at -4.50. It seems to keep getting worse though!
    Yes, Glasses
    42.95%
    Yes, Contacts
    20.30%
    No I have 20/20
    32.05%
    No, I had Laser Correction
    4.70%

i believe my prescription is -1.5 in the one eye and -1.25 in the other. I'm not a full time coder, but i do a lot for my school program.

Comment

I am -0.5 only, but sometimes it makes a big difference. For my lectures I wear glasses but no where else.
      Retired and happy :)

Comment

For now I do not have problems with vision. I hope it will stay this way :001_smile:

Comment

My vision is at -1.5 contacts. Really not that bad, but if I can help it I'd rather just code without any eyewear. Contacts tend to make me tired faster.

Comment

I had 4.0 per eye and some astigmatism before getting my laser "surgery".

Comment

Contacts, -1.25 vs -2.25

Comment

I ususally code but do not wear glasses.

I have glasses to use and work with, but I don't like them.
                I know this is bad, but what could I do? xD

Comment

Lmao the moment I read this thread title I was like "will be funny to post that I had it laser corrected" and then saw this option here. lol :P

But just on another note, I use to have glasses way before I even knew that something like computer exists. I had glasses for almost 12 years from age of 12. And it was my first programming teacher who figured that I need glasses. I was learning dos at that time. :P :P

Comment

i wear contacts(4.25 each eye) and glasses occasionally when i run out of contacts. honestly i cant even see the screen from more than ~4 inches away without contacts/glasses
                    http://imgur.com/KZODE.png

Comment

I am among the few in my office that don't wear glasses. Is my and 2 other guys without glasses. But to be honest, my vision is starting to fail sometimes, mostly focusing at a great distance. My last eye check was perfect, but i didn't as fast as before to do all the tests.

Comment

I've worn glasses since I was 7.

Comment

I had my eyes lasered. The whole thing felt really rushed. They obviously had to get as many people "done" as quickly as possible. The doc laid be out on a bed with loads of machinery around it and said "now look at the red dot, and whatever you do, *don't* *look* *away*." That's when the smell of burning eye balls started. 5 minutes later I was out in the street, giving me just enough time to get home before the pain killers wore off. That's when the 2 days of burnt eyeball pain started. It made me a bit loopy.

It was *honestly* the best thing I have ever done in my life. (Apart from experimentally discover auto-eroticism but anyway.) 12 years on, 20-20 vision and no problems at all. Totally recommend it, despite the initial discomfort. It's well worth it.

Comment

glasses i dislike contacts. i only wear mine for lecture though

Comment

Yeh contacts since 17 :P

Comment

Working...
                              X