This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any advice on Web Hosts?

I run a small business with my wife. We currently have a website on a crappy cms that won't let us do what we want. So I went on a web design course and have built my own website just the way we want it (in HTML5, CSS3 and Flash). Does anyone have any advice on who to get to host it? It is such a minefield. I feel like I'm going round and round in circles but have no-one to tell me "this host is really good" or "stay away from that one" etc.

Any advice at all would be really helpful.

I use GoDaddy because it is cheap/easy for private websites, not sure for Business users...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWickerMan View Post
      I use GoDaddy because it is cheap/easy for private websites, not sure for Business users...
      Have you ever had any problems? What is their customer service like?

Comment

Originally posted by Serenitee View Post
        Have you ever had any problems? What is their customer service like?
        nope never had any issues, so never used the c/s.
        sigpic

Comment

Hostgator, godaddy or cloudflare.Hostgator is my personal favourite.Great uptime but support is slow or almost non responsive.Cloudflare has the worst uptime of the 3 but the support is good.Godaddy has good support, good uptime and good uplink and downlink speeds but I have had the most problems with their servers out of the 3.

Comment

Originally posted by op_haz_hands View Post
            Hostgator, godaddy or cloudflare.Hostgator is my personal favourite.Great uptime but support is slow or almost non responsive.Cloudflare has the worst uptime of the 3 but the support is good.Godaddy has good support, good uptime and good uplink and downlink speeds but I have had the most problems with their servers out of the 3.
            What sort of problems have you had with godaddy?
            Why is Hostgator your favourite?

Comment

Originally posted by Serenitee View Post
              What sort of problems have you had with godaddy?
              Why is Hostgator your favourite?
              Godaddy formatted my Dedicated Server ACCIDENTALL(I don't know how) and another time they charged for Dedicated Server instead of a VPS(The dedi was $45 per month and the VPS I wanted was $12 so I was pretty annoyed)

Well hostgator is my favourite because I have never had any problems with them and they gave me a discount for being a long time customer.The support sucks though.

Comment

I use cloud server for my website, it is fast, cheap and the way I like it, customizable. I used Linode for a while, then shifted to Digital Ocean to save on cost since my website has only few visits 150-200 daily. (Linode 10$/m, DigitalOcean 5$/m).

PS. customizable = no cpanel for me :) you should choose this if you have good hands on linux and server configuration or go with some cpanel host :)

EDIT: support is awesome!

Comment

Thanks to all who commented. It is great to get some feedback. Advice is one thing Google can't give you.
                  I've decided top go with GoDaddy in the end. Phoned them, had a chat. All seems good.

Thanks again :D

Comment

Working...
                  X