IRC Highlight Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRC Highlight Script

OK people time to put your coding hats on...

I am wanting an IRC script that will highlight me when my nick/alias is mentioned however (and this is where it gets interesting), I would like it to be channel/network specific. Let me explain, I use different nicks on different networks/channels so for example I use TankGirl on Torrent-Invites and Madeupname on Blah. What I would like is the highlighter to only highlight me IF my nick is said on that network/channel so, it would highlight me IF TankGirl was said on Torrent-Invites but not if it was said on Blah.

I do currently have a script that kind of does this but to be perfectly honest its a tad out dated and not exactly user friendly (plus it takes freaking ages to load all the channels etc in). If anyone is willing to tackle this challenge I am more than happy to send you the script so that you can get some idea of how it works and perhaps you can improve on it.
    sigpic

Hi ,

I don't know what OS you use, but I figure you can find that kind of script by using weechat (Linux) , just take a look in {nick,notify,highlight} page script .

Comment

I use windows and MIRC as the client. I have trawled the net looking for such a script as this and have not found anything that is better that what I currently have (which I have already explained is a little dated and somewhat temperamental), hence my request here.
      Last edited by TankGirl; October 20, 2013, 01:53 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Yep, still looking for some assistance here.....
        Come on people, someone must be up for the challenge :)
        sigpic

Comment

I just stumbled across this thread and wanted to say that there is already a tool for that in mIRC. Got to Tools>Address Book>Highlights and then put "$me" in there for all servers/channels it will notify you if the nick you are using on that specific server has been mentioned.
          I guess this is way too late and there is already a thread regarding this. Just wanted to kinda finish up this thread.
          Cheers
          My Giveaways My Requests
          None None

|
          |
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
          |
          |

I bet you're the kind of guy that
          would fuck a person in the ass
          and not even have the godda*n
          common courtesy to give him a