Alpha Test "trackthe.net"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha Test "trackthe.net"

Hey there! As you may or may not know, I've been making a website!
    And it's here waiting for you to alpha test.

Alpha | TrackThe.net

Simply register (don't worry, not email spam yet) and login and away you go!

Now, this is the most confusing bit of the site :)
    To grab your ratio, I need your cookies cookie (a bit like when you download a .torrent when using a seedbox)
    You usually have a uid and a password cookie saved on your computer.

You simply type the name of the cookie, an equals sign (=) and then the cookie value. Simples!

Then click update, the script grabs your ratio, then plonks it for you to enjoy :)

and there you go :)

BROKEN BITS:
    Ok, Torrent leech isn't working any more :(
    It used to work, I swear!
    There are 4 different login/id cookies for tl, just mess around with them, and if you get the right combo, tell me your email :)

But apart from that, go ape.
    Tell me which torrent sites I should support next too guys!
    Last edited by CerealGOAT; April 26, 2011, 08:00 PM.

Re: Alpha Test "trackthe.net"

Tell me which torrent sites I should support next too guys!
    Theres a whole list of trackers in the other section :-D

But, I guess Iptorrents would be nice to start with.

Comment

This is a really good idea. Too bad most (if any) trackers have APIs that could be directly queried as I am seriously concerned about the security implications regarding giving your site direct access to each of my tracker accounts.

Unfortunately I won't be testing this for you (I would like to, as I said earlier, this is a really good idea) as the UID and PASS cookies are all you need to compromise my account(s). If you could implement some kind of private encryption container on a per-user basis so even you won't be able to query the database for my "keys to the kingdom" so to speak, that may help. But for now, doing this is equal to emailing you my username and password to each tracker I use.

Keep working on it. If you can guarantee the privacy and anonymity of my cookie data (E.g. some kind of source code disclosure and GNUPG code signing), this may work.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by OxC0FF33 View Post
        This is a really good idea. Too bad most (if any) trackers have APIs that could be directly queried as I am seriously concerned about the security implications regarding giving your site direct access to each of my tracker accounts.

Unfortunately I won't be testing this for you (I would like to, as I said earlier, this is a really good idea) as the UID and PASS cookies are all you need to compromise my account(s). If you could implement some kind of private encryption container on a per-user basis so even you won't be able to query the database for my "keys to the kingdom" so to speak, that may help. But for now, doing this is equal to emailing you my username and password to each tracker I use.

Keep working on it. If you can guarantee the privacy and anonymity of my cookie data (E.g. some kind of source code disclosure and GNUPG code signing), this may work.

Good luck!
        I totally agree with you :)
        Racking my brains now to try and think of a decent way to provide a per user encryption key, that's persistant, but I won't be able to know.
        and thanks for the feedback, always good to hear!

Comment

Originally posted by CerealGOAT View Post
          decent way to provide a per user encryption key
          This is high level, but I would start by generating public/private keypair (Or allowing the user to provide one, not sure how that'll work) upon user registration, tied to the authentication credentials (Which I assume are >=sha256 hashed and well salted) and encrypting all of their data with that. You can also use the certificate model to perform account recovery if the user opts to store their certs.

Easy as that! </sarcasm>
          I know there's some PHP snippets and/or classes floating around to do some of this. I'll see if I can dig them up. :)

Comment

Re: Alpha Test &quot;trackthe.net&quot;

Wouldn't tracker admins get pretty weirded out when they see x accounts have been accessed with the same IP address?

Possibly host the code on a site like Git-Hub, where the code can be reviewed by others?

Also, if your not already using it, I suggest using PHP's DOMDocument. Really helped me when I was parsing Wolfram Alpha's result page.
            Last edited by TheNumber0; April 27, 2011, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OxC0FF33 View Post
              This is high level, but I would start by generating public/private keypair (Or allowing the user to provide one, not sure how that'll work) upon user registration, tied to the authentication credentials (Which I assume are >=sha256 hashed and well salted) and encrypting all of their data with that. You can also use the certificate model to perform account recovery if the user opts to store their certs.

Easy as that! </sarcasm>
              I know there's some PHP snippets and/or classes floating around to do some of this. I'll see if I can dig them up. :)
              Ahha! Sounds good :) I'll experiment with this, and if I can't get it to work, I have a different system all figured out :3

Originally posted by TheNumber0 View Post
              Wouldn't tracker admins get pretty weirded out when they see x accounts have been accessed with the same IP address?

Possibly host the code on a site like Git-Hub, where the code can be reviewed by others?

Also, if your not already using it, I suggest using PHP's DOMDocument. Really helped me when I was parsing Wolfram Alpha's result page.
              They might mind, but I'm sure they'll understand :)

I'm currently stripping the html tags away, and regex'ing to find Ratio: number.number but I'll take a look at using PHP Dom :)

Comment

Great idea for a site ,man!

Comment

Working...
                X