This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula 1 (2013 Season)

Figured I'd start a new thread for the 2013 season! Thanks to PROMOTER for setting the bar so high on the 2012 thread!

Here are the teams and rosters for the 2013 Season:

Here is the 2013 Calendar

RESULTS

Qualifying Results

Race Results

Qualifying Results

Race Results

Qualifying Results

Race Results

Qualifying Results

Race Results

Qualifying Results

Race Results

Qualifying Results

Race Results

Qualifying Results

Race Results

Qualifying Results

Race Results

Qualifying Results

Race Results

Qualifying Results

Race Results
    Last edited by HRose; July 30, 2013, 11:47 AM.

Nice work mate, can you update it at the Gp of sepang?

Comment

Great work...

Comment

Kimi handed three-place grid penalty No good.

Comment

I have a bad feeling about this. A bad feeling about Kimi.

BTW, how can a failing company like blackberry afford advertising on the Mercedes team ? Who buys their shit anymore?
          九死一生を得る

Comment

I have a bad feeling about this. A bad feeling about Kimi.

BTW, how can a failing company like blackberry afford advertising on the Mercedes team ? Who buys their shit anymore?
            Not me. Still with another failing company NOKIA

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnie06Walker View Post
              Nice work mate, can you update it at the Gp of sepang?
              Update for Sepang complete sorry for the delay.

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

It was a pretty good qualifying session both Vettal, Alonso and Massa gained from the drying of the track and being at the tail end of the procession. Lots of quality car control going though.

I will say I was impressed that Red Bull was getting such good grip with the smaller rear wing, Adrian Newey must have added some of his special "vortices" magic....lol

Not sure about the Kimi penalty, I'll have to re-watch. It was a wet rack, I am not sure if that could have been avoided considering all the rooster tails. In fact a lot of folks including Nico went ahead a slowed down to allow for space at different part of the qualifying session. That to bad but considering how balanced the Lotus is and how its light on the tires, he might be able to go deep depending on the weather tomorrow. If its raining all bets are off as its anyone's game at that point.... but the as the say the ICE MAN COMETH!

Comment

I thought that nobody dont interest formula-1
                fernando +12,4 sec to 1st place

Comment

Damn what a good race this weekend in Malaysia. We had it all:

1. top contenders bowing out in epic style
                  2. team running out of tires
                  3. teammate rivalry vs. team orders
                  4. un-happy winners...
                  5. unfolding news and gossip for the week, based on the top 4!!!!

Loved it!

Comment

I loved the race too. I am rooting for Vettel, but he has dropped a bit in my eyes. Saying that he wouldn't have overtook Mark if he knew that he was not supposed to - while they had an agreement prior to the race if this special occasion happens - is quite a lie. Hopefully they will sort it out internally, and it won't play a big part in the championship later on...But don't think that will happen. Mark will probably try even harder to prove that he can drive as good as Vettel, and if there will be a point in the championship where he could give up his place for Vettel's WDC win, he will not do it, and I can understRand him.

And it really wasn't good seeing any of them on the podium..even if Mark won, it would have been bad because it might have been because of the team order. It should not be present in F1, but unfortunately it will not disappear until there is only 1 car per team.
                    Hamilton - Rosberg battle was really all about the money in my opinion, why should the team use team orders in this early state of the championship? Probably it is better to keep Hamilton on the podium rather than Rosberg because of the sponsors and etc..but it was quite a struggle to see the speed difference between these two, and the latter one not being allowed to pass.

I hope Formula 1 is not going to stay like this for good, where tyre conservation plays the biggest part of the race, thus drivers only pushing 80%. Formula 1 should be all about speed, and pushing as hard as you can till the end.
                    Of course it wouldnt be good if tyres would last almost the whole race either..a balance has to be found, I believe races with 2 or 3 stops are the most interesting, where the drivers are still able to push as hard, or almost as hard as they can, and still having to pit a couple of times. It will be interesting how it all unfolds, but I believe tyres, and conservation of everything plays too big part in the Formula 1 nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Spabako View Post
                      I loved the race too. I am rooting for Vettel, but he has dropped a bit in my eyes. Saying that he wouldn't have overtook Mark if he knew that he was not supposed to - while they had an agreement prior to the race if this special occasion happens - is quite a lie. Hopefully they will sort it out internally, and it won't play a big part in the championship later on...But don't think that will happen. Mark will probably try even harder to prove that he can drive as good as Vettel, and if there will be a point in the championship where he could give up his place for Vettel's WDC win, he will not do it, and I can understRand him.

And it really wasn't good seeing any of them on the podium..even if Mark won, it would have been bad because it might have been because of the team order. It should not be present in F1, but unfortunately it will not disappear until there is only 1 car per team.
                      Hamilton - Rosberg battle was really all about the money in my opinion, why should the team use team orders in this early state of the championship? Probably it is better to keep Hamilton on the podium rather than Rosberg because of the sponsors and etc..but it was quite a struggle to see the speed difference between these two, and the latter one not being allowed to pass.

I hope Formula 1 is not going to stay like this for good, where tyre conservation plays the biggest part of the race, thus drivers only pushing 80%. Formula 1 should be all about speed, and pushing as hard as you can till the end.
                      Of course it wouldnt be good if tyres would last almost the whole race either..a balance has to be found, I believe races with 2 or 3 stops are the most interesting, where the drivers are still able to push as hard, or almost as hard as they can, and still having to pit a couple of times. It will be interesting how it all unfolds, but I believe tyres, and conservation of everything plays too big part in the Formula 1 nowadays.

Yeah I agree with a lot of your points in particular about Vettel not hearing the order (yeah right) and passing Mark with his fuel mapping set to conserve. It's just not honorable and although I understand a win is a win, it just isn't good for the sport or the team.

In terms of the team order I understand they aren't supposed to have them but, the fact is the teams all talk to their drivers before the races and come up with an attack plan - tires usage, stops, incident management and fuel. The team is responsible for telemetry / system monitoring if they see an issue that could compromise the team ability to get constructors points (recall the team only wins top dollars for constructors point seeding - not for the drivers championship points - its what makes F1 different from other series). So, if the team see's an issue they have a responsibility to tell the driver. Like the whole Alonso thing the team should have let him know how bad that front aero was and demanded he come in (team orders or no)!

In terms of the Hamilton vs. Rosberg battle your right in a sense that they could have easily went Rosberg (3) and Hamilton (4) and still got the points. I think its Ross Brawn's mea culpa to Hamilton for the fuel situation but, I am also sure your reasoning about sponsorship also played into it. Hamilton is the golden boy and Nico who has raced with Hamilton before should know that. If you recall Massa back in the day knew his place when Schumacher was around, he was the wingman! Now days Massa know his time in F1 is limited its now or never so he's fighting hard. Back to Roseberg I'm sure he understood this as well, his going along might be he figures he'd build some political captial. I see more dollars in his pocket come contract resigning time, his comment "you owe me to Ross" make sense then!

Yeah the tire situation is a problem I'm not sure why they had Pirellichanged the compounds from last year. Changing them each year does level the playing field for those team without a lot of money (just look how many teams are competitive) but, now we are back into the whole "fuel game" situation we had 2 years ago. We basically swapped fuel for tires. So, you point is taken!

But, I have to say I do like how competitive it is right now (even last year) not knowing who is going to win, no one truly being dominant and tons of different podium finishers. In years past you could set your watch by who would come in 1 - 5.... lol. Now there is a little more sense of drama but, to get it we invited the "gamesmanship back into play", its kind of like baseball in that its not only driver skill but, team strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by HRose View Post
                        But, I have to say I do like how competitive it is right now (even last year) not knowing who is going to win, no one truly being dominant and tons of different podium finishers. In years past you could set your watch by who would come in 1 - 5.... lol. Now there is a little more sense of drama but, to get it we invited the "gamesmanship back into play", its kind of like baseball in that its not only driver skill but, team strategy.
                        Really true, it is much more exciting and competitive nowadays, but in my opinion the beginning of last year was not ideal. I know we had 7 different winners if I'm right, and it was great, but did all drivers deserve it? I would say yes and no to that. The beginning of last year was all about tire, and I don't think it is ideal.
                        If a team was lucky, and managed to get the just right setup within that incredibly small margin in which the tires would operate the best, he would be basically unbeatable. It didn't matter if the car wasnt good enough, or that he was usually several tenths or seconds down in raw pace from the front runners, he would still easily win the race. It took almost half a season to understand the tires. Was it interesting? yes it was. Did the most deserving driver / team win the race? No. Just think about Maldonado. He was crashing everyone, I was actually outrageous that he didn't get a one race ban like Grosjean did...Still, he managed to win a race really easily just by having the luck, and finding the just right configuration for the car..And that configuration would always be different, so it was practically impossible to get it right in succession.

I think what Pirelli does is not a bad idea, it makes strategies more important, the races more exciting, but I feel like the outcome of the race shouldnt be decided by luck "only". They should try to make the tires last a few more laps, increase the still very small margin where the tires work the best, I'm not sure. Maybe they should just revert back to the last year's tires as you suggested, which finally most of the teams understand well.
                        I just feel like conserving tires play too big part in the race nowadays..

Comment

I really didn't like the last 10 laps or so, these new regulations about no refueling and the new sucky tires are ruining F1!
                          All the front runners had to go for tire and fuel saving economy for the last part of the race, I don't want to watch a bunch of Toyota Priusies driving in circles with giants gaps in between and with no challenge...

Not to mention what happened with Redbull's and Mercedes teammates, watching a fixed race and the drama that went with it isn't fun.

Sad to see Alonso out after the first lap as well, I still don't understand why his team didn't tell him to pit and at least warn him not to overtake with half broken front wing.

Well I hope it's not going to happen in future races and here's some funny stuff about the race.

https://twitter.com/TheFifthDriver/s...41464393023488

九死一生を得る

Comment

It is really too bad Vettle didn't take out both cars. It would have looked really good on him! What a little disrespectful goof. I thought Webber was going to punch him in the face on the podium. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by banned View Post
                              It is really too bad Vettle didn't take out both cars. It would have looked really good on him! What a little disrespectful goof. I thought Webber was going to punch him in the face on the podium. Lol.
                              Yes in fact I had almost had "deja vu" of Turkey 2010!

For sure Webber was pissed, in the weigh-in / cool down area man he didn't not even want to talk with Horner and had his "evil eye" set on Vettel.

Comment

Working...
                              X