How do you read YOUR comics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you read YOUR comics?

Do you use an e-reader app, opt for hard-copies, or a mixture of the two? Which e-reader app is your favorite?

For me, nothing beats having a hard copy of comics lying around. That being said, two years ago I switched over to ComicZeal and have loved the convenience of having tons of comics stored on my iPad. The import option can occasionally be a pain, but it seems to crash less than other electronic comic readers I've used.

What do all of you use?

I use Calibre for every thing

try it http://calibre-ebook.com/

Comment

I dont because comics are for nerds

Comment

Believe me there is nothing better than being a nerd!!

Comment

I have tried reading comics on kindle paperwhite/fire and Nexus, but as [MENTION=242420]baroncoinbow[/MENTION] said, nothing beets a hard copy.
          As for apps I really like Comixology, though you are limited to their in store content which is crap if you stick to free content.
          Though they do have decent collection as long as you are willing to shell out some coins

Comment

I usually read my comics on my computer and i LOVE CDisplayEx. i used to use comicrack but found adjusting the size of the comic to be a pain. CDisplayEX has been working seamlessly for me :)

Comment

I will second CDisplayEx. Great app for reading comics on your computer, very lightweight and easy to use. Also has a resume last files function which is great when you are reading a really long comic or switching between several comics and want to take a break. It supports plenty of file formats from pdf to cbz,cbr (zip, rar), etc.

Comment

For reading on computer or table I use ComicRack and I try to buy 1-2 trade paperbacks each months for those special series.

Comment

ComicZeal is the best in iPad
                  But sometimes i use GoodReader too...
                  Thnx for Rellik and Forbidden
                  Two good souls !

Comment

os their something parallel to guided view!!

Sent from my SC-04E using Tapatalk

Comment

I use CDisplay v 1.8.1.0. only on the PC. I have a large collection Comics, but where to find the time

Comment

I use the mangarock app on mobile, its perfect for my needs. I haven't really looked into PC solutions though.

Comment

I read comics electronically nowadays, for the convenience but mostly because I don't want to spend money on physical copies. I'm on Ubuntu and read .cbr and .cbz with either Document Viewer or Comix. I also used to read them on my Kindle before the charging port on it broke. I still have hundreds of physical comics from my childhood collected in boxes but I only read them if my power goes out or my computer breaks, both of which are very rare.

Comment

I use MangaMeeya for it's customizability and simplicity. Plus it's free and portable.

Comment

I am currently using Komik on my Android tablet. Its got a resume feature which is handy. It's major downside is that it cant maintain items in the library from multiple locations or from cloud sources. But if you are working of the SD card like I am it works great! You can also read books from your cloud services, just not have them as part of the library.

Comment

Working...
                              X