Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to Torrent-Invites! The Official T-I Welcome Thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

this is Patata! This is a great community, thanks for keeping it alive and kicking!

Comment

• Just dropping by to say, HELLO ALL AM NEW!!!

just so I can feel like the awkward guy in the room :D

Comment

• Welcome to TIfor all new members.

Enjoy your stay well.

Comment

• Hello all, I am really looking forward to getting my feet wet here. It seems like a pretty good community.

Comment

• Hello from Belgium :)

Comment

• Welcome to all the new members!

Comment

Enjoy your stay well.

Comment

• i'm in TI for 2weeks and i dont have a chance to say Hello :) So now i do.
                  It's nice to be here.

Comment

Enjoy your stay well.

Comment

• Hey everyone! I'm fluorescent. I'm a Washington DC native, but currently living in Philadelphia (these are both cities in the United States to those who may be unfamiliar ). Right now, I'm a full time uni student.

This seems like a great community, and I'm glad to be a part of it now. The only private tracker that I've ever used is Demonoid, and now that it's gone I've been using TPB only, so I don't have much in terms of ratio proofs which may make getting started here quite difficult. However, I hope to establish myself as a valuable member of the torrenting community, especially because I'm living off-campus and therefore have my own private network (maybe private isn't the right word, but I'm not using the university's anymore).

My musical tastes are mainly influenced by indie rock, and I enjoy listening to bands like Phoenix, Explosions in the Sky (okok, they're post-rock), The Strokes, and Japandroids. Some other genres that I enjoy are downtempo (such as Emancipator and Bonobo) and hip-hop (the likes of Das Racist, Childish Gambino, and Macklemore to name a few). I love to broaden my musical horizons, so let me know what you're listening to so that I can expand my tastes!

I'm an avid reader, my favorite author being James Ellroy. I guess that it's no surprise that I'm drawn to crime fiction. A few other authors that I like are Raymond Chandler, George RR Martin (this one might be a bit obscure - he's written a couple fantasy books that I'm sure no one's heard of), and Michael Chabon. As a Star Wars fan, I've started reading through the Thrawn triology, though as a student this is probably a bad idea considering the free time that I don't have.

I'm also passionate about visual media, film. I've recently gotten into shooting and editing films, using Final Cut Pro mainly. To give a sense of the types of films that I enjoy, my all-time favorite movie is Almost Famous. I understand that other people may not feel the same way, but to me it's a perfect movie that I can watch over and over. Other favorites are The Departed, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and The Descendants.

Finally, since I'm talking about my different interests in media, I think it's appropriate to talk about the television that I've been watching considering that this is the medium that I spend the most time engaged with. Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Parks & Recreation, and Arrested Development are some favorites to name a few. I've been watching Bored to Death recently, but unfortunately I like the premise (writer moonlights as detective) more than I like the show.

This was rather long-winded, but if anyone took the time to read through it, I applaud you. I hope that you're not too bothered by my use of parenthesis (not sure why I used so many (dammit here I go again!)). I can't wait to get to know some of you better and to begin to integrate myself into this community!

Comment

• Wow it's been nearly a month o.O
                        Hello to everyone I'm having a blast here!

Comment

Enjoy your stay well.

Comment

• Hello everyone!

My name is Amanda. I'm always on the lookout for rare and unusual films. I love the bittorrent world for helping me with that. Let's be friends.
                            Watch Good Movies.
                            sigpic

Comment

• hi everyone.

Comment

• Hi everybody, I am an HBO fan, you can tell by by my nickname. Any one of you excited to see the new season yet ? 03.31.13

Comment

Working...
                                X