Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Be social, earn 20 Rep points - Click to learn how!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be social, earn 20 Rep points - Click to learn how!

I would like to see more users in our IRC channel and more conversations going on. At times it can be dead, then at other times it can be a lively place to hang out and enjoy other people, lets work to make that goal happen. I would like to see, at minimum 20 users join and hang out for at least a week, hopefully longer if you like the environment. What I will offer in exchange is 20 Rep points, +Rep will be handed out after a minimum of 1 week from your IRC registration date.

Rules for receiving +Rep

• This offer is for new IRC members only!
    • Join the Torrent-Invites IRC channel on AustIRC, the password can be found on the irc link at the top of the website.
    • Register your nickname with services, this is important if you wish to receive the rep points, in fact it is also important to be able to join the main channel! Join using your forum nickname, register using your forum nickname.
    • Become social, get to know the staff and the other users who help daily in our IRC channels.
    • Stay on IRC at least 1 week minimum, give it a chance if you don't like it after a week you're welcome to leave.
    • Post here the date in which you joined and registered your nickname
    • Do not post here unless you are posting to apply for your points. Other posts will be ignored and deleted. After your points are issued, your post will be deleted.
    • You must already have at least 15 rep points to receive the points. Our lovely admin, JustJenna, will check your points if she suspects cheating: cheating is against site rules on any giveaway and can result in serious action. DO NOT DO IT!

Helpful information
    http://www.torrent-invites.com/tutorials/26350-how-join-us-irc-mirc.html?highlight=mirc

Our goal with this is to encourage more of our community to get on and chat and be social with other users who are in the channel.

Your stats will be tracked, anyone caught abusing my offer will be dealt with accordingly.

Good luck to everyone who participates and receives my gift of 20 Rep points!

The following users have followed the rules and have received 20 rep
    • bridskid
    • Volume
    • bonnieboo
    • ScottK
    • danny
    • Core
    • Tyrian
    • masher
    • DantheMan
    • Liet-Kynes
    • LAZX6RRider
    Last edited by Ixius; March 21, 2010, 06:48 AM. Reason: Updated users who received rep!

Time joined: Mar 15 05:14:34 2010 EST

And i agree with hellrizer, the IRC rocks!

MOD NOTE: Has not been active be a little more active in IRC and you can try for points again
    Last edited by hummingbird; September 18, 2010, 02:02 PM.

Comment

nick register date: 3/1/2010 ~9 PM GMT+1
      channel join date: 3/1/2010 ~9 PM GMT+1

:001_tt2:

MOD NOTE: Be a little more active in IRC and I will award you bonus points
      Last edited by hummingbird; September 18, 2010, 02:07 PM.

Comment

I joined 1 month 9 days ago on Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 5:40 PM, im there tons and its awesome, I've gotten to know some great people and have some great chats, definatley recommend everyone to join!

MOD NOTE: I want to see you be a little more active in IRC and i will award you points
        Last edited by hummingbird; September 18, 2010, 02:10 PM.
        Master of all arts, he can manipulate anything at will Distorting and warping you.
        Brushing all who oppose him of the face of the earth, he follows no pattern and cannot be measured.
        No software can rasterize him - no man can illustrate him - for he is.
        The Exalted

Comment

I registered my nick and joined the IRC today, i.e April 11, 2010.

MOD NOTE: I want to see you be a little more active in IRC and i will award you points
          Last edited by hummingbird; September 18, 2010, 02:10 PM.

Comment

I registered the nick the same day I joined the IRC. It was 2 weeks ago(I think). I was on most of the time, but I kept disconnecting because of my volatile internet connection. I tried to reconnect when I noticed, but to say the truth, my internet connection disconnects so much, I probably wasn't online for as long as I think I was.

Hopefully I still get the rep for trying.

Last edited by hummingbird; September 18, 2010, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Joined on the 12/04/2010, it was yesterday I know, but I just noticed now I had enough rep to join. :)

Comment

I registered a while ago but really only began hanging out in the IRC channel (and, sadly, the help channel) over the last week or so. Ynwa_elvis can vouch for my epically inept debut in IRC, which miraculously did not wind up on the Mocking Block. Anyway, not as concerned about the rep points, just wanted to post to encourage other members to give it a try. I am proof that you don't have to be an IRC wizard to find the experience enjoyable.

Comment

I joined IRC channel on 17.april.2010 at 17:12 GMT+2.

Last edited by hummingbird; September 18, 2010, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Hey Ixius.

NickServ says I registered my username on April 5th.
                    Not sure if I have 15+ Rep points or not though, if not its all good but would love the +Rep from you.
                    Been loving the IRC, try to get on whenever I have a spare minute!

Also Rellik is not lying. It was truly one of the funniest nights I've seen on there in a while. He deserves the +rep just for making me laugh! heh

*edit* Also for those new members you should get on in there, its really a good fun channel and lots of great people from all over the world! :)

Cheers

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6120/ynwa.png
                    TvT || PTP || HDme || IPT
                    If you find my post helpful please +rep or thank me.

Comment

registered on April 18 2010 at 5:43 PM IST.

Comment

Originally posted by sevendeuce
                        not sure how many rep point i have (aka whether im qualified for the +20) but i registered today (april 19th) at 9pm gmt-5 :)
                        Click the check mark under your name, it'll tell you how much you have.

I registered my nickname today, on 4.19.2010

Last edited by hummingbird; September 18, 2010, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Well, this is my entry for the bonus... So here it goes:

Time registered: Mar 25 09:17:22 2010 EST

Last edited by hummingbird; September 18, 2010, 02:15 PM.
                          http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/576/33l2xds.gif

Comment

Registered my nickname Wrx_99 on the 6th of May 2010. 1.54pm.

Edit: At the time of my post I didnt have 15 rep, i have 19 now :)

sigpic
                            Thank you Vector King for repping me in!
                            Thank you DocDoom for this awesome signature, and avatar.

My giveaways:
                            HFU GA|DH | IPT | TL

Comment

I figured I might as well make a quick post here since I've been on IRC whenever time allowed me since the 2nd of march.

Comment

Working...
                              X