Welcome Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Back

Glad to see the migration going ok. You're a trooper, Dave. I've had this site as my browsers default page for years... just so I don't forget to visit now that invites aren't a big part of my life. I hope the more active members are able to change things enough to where the site becomes more welcoming and relevant for newcomers.

a few things:

- edit: you already said this in your post, i just can't read

- No SSL / HTTPS

- Can't respond to your latest announcement, not sure if that's intentional or not

- edit: you already said this in your post, i just can't read

Thanks for everything, and just a word to the wise... what's important to you is only important to you.... If this, or anything, is taking more than it's giving... remember that you have no obligations to the seedy underbelly of the internet. That's one of the reason's we've always felt so comfortable here, I think.. :)
    Last edited by LongDivision; August 26, 2018, 07:15 PM.

Hmm not being able to respond is not intentional... thats interesting let me see if I can fix that.
    PM me at your own peril.

No emails in posts | Spam and die | Give igiver to those who deserve it | People with larger sigs than me are overcompensating

Hand pick your people, Totally dependable, Totally Loyal~Admiral Cain

Comment

Thats better you can reply now

Comment

and SSL is up!

Comment

To be honest, I am not sure I want to see a T-I becoming worse and struggling the quality it used to had, just because it has to survive. Dave Check my history, much much love and respect for this place no matter what happened the last years.

- But, have you thought what is gonna happen with the security of this place?
          - Who and how do you think you can appeal people to become staff? The last man standing seems like he's done and we can understand why. He is the real hero of this place for a long long time.
          - Do you see any reason for T-I to continue being a giveaway forum instead of just a forum allowing open trackers and official recruitments? People will feel they risk their account again, so they will avoid it for sure.
          - Why did you upgrade the source of the forum?

I don't have the time nowadays to spend on BT like I used to. I need to focus irl. But, imho, it will be impossible to make this place just by a little bit what it used to be. Impossible to find dedicated people with knowledge. I prefer to see this place go before it will become a shitplace. Members gain 10% after 5 posts, no staffers, members won't read rules... I don't want to see this place dying slowly but being a shithole.

IRC is down.

Comment

pb_teo

I hope this place becomes great again but if nothing else it can remain as a history book to what we have done.

This server is much cheaper to run and very affordable to keep up security and updates are being taken out of my hands and will be kept up by the service provider.

I will drop the requirement to become members until it reaches an activity level I am comfortable with if that ever happens just like how we started. Then we can start building up the requirements again.

There is no point in having all this knowledge all these threads if the requirements are so high that no one can read them.

Why would I not upgrade the source of the forum? This obviously patches up security holes, gives us better features which were getting quite updated. Web 2.0.
            PM me at your own peril.

No emails in posts | Spam and die | Give igiver to those who deserve it | People with larger sigs than me are overcompensating

Comment

Dave, some sections are still having problems with replying, nothing happens when clicking the reply button, Glad to see TI sticking for longer.
              sigpic
              A proud Torrent-Invite Introduction Crew.
              If you need help with anything, just send me a pm,

Comment

Yes am trying to fix. Will keep everyone updated. Teething issues with the new version.
                PM me at your own peril.

Comment

Working...
                X