This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About: Your News Writer

I thought now that I have two articles on the frontpage, a third on the way, and Dave's approval (greatly appreciated), it might be a good time to introduce myself.

I'm just a regular guy who doesn't do anything special for a living; trying to scrape by in this increasingly expensive world. I live in the Carolinas, on the eastern seaboard of the USA. I first started using uTorrent in 1998, but soon gave up on it because I didn't really understand the whole seed:peer ratio thing. In 2003, I decided to give the P2P thing a try again. With a little help from Google, I was up and running in no time.

Now I'm here at Torrent-Invites, and I couldn't be happier. At first, I was just a regular user, asking questions and getting help from you wonderful people. I saw the open News Writer position. I have always wanted to write articles like this but have never had the opportunity. I figured I didn't have a snowball's chance in hell at winning the position, but I applied anyway. The rest, as you've read, is history.

As I said, I love it here. The rules are strict and enforced. But there's a reason for that. Inviters put their ass on the line every time they offer a giveaway or respond to a request. Many trackers will ban an entire invite tree (inviter plus everyone they invited plus everyone they've invited) for certain infractions. If you can't follow the rules here, how am I to trust that you'll follow the rules on the tracker?

In any case, I am extremely excited about being your News Writer. From your comments, thanks, and rep points; I get the idea that you folks like me, too (or at least my articles! :001_tongue:). In the future, I'm going to see if there's a way for you to suggest article topics without my PM box exploding (I'm already 20% full). Don't suggest articles here. I'm not quite ready for that.

Until then, keep the comments coming on the news articles; I read each and every one of them. Just ask my "boss," I really do value your input and feedback.

See you in the forums and on the chatbox! And now IRC!
    AfterMidnight
    Last edited by AfterMidnight; November 2, 2009, 03:01 PM.

sigpic

New News: New News: T-I: The Story - Part III: The Gatekeepers 1
    Old News: OiNK Founder Acquitted
    News in the Making: T-I: The Story - Part III: The Gatekeepers 2 (2%)

Thanks for the semi Biography.

I will say I am enjoying reading your news items, you've got a good way with words and a news section is something that has sadly been missing from this site.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

You seem to be very skilled and I'm looking forward to reading more of your work.
      Born of mortal flesh and blood, she has toiled with understanding cyphers at times so oblique as to defy all understanding, drawing the attention of those so hidden in the shadows that their substance is not even the stuff of legends. Her work, both revered and reviled, continues to this day, as The Exalted.

Lovin' T-I !!!!

Custom avatar created by demon. Thank you so much!

Comment

Cool, Good luck on your new position! :)

Comment

Thanks Thanks Biography

Comment

Interesting stuff!
            Good to have you here :001_smile:
            I'll be reading all your articles and commenting critically.
            So you better keep up the good work, YOU HEAR ME. :001_tongue:
            Joke Joke Biography
            The prophecies speak of a legendary being. With virtue, and wisdom beyond comprehension.
            Commanded by none, yet commended by the Gods. Possessing strength that would make Muhammad Ali cower.
            He is the embodiment of swag, with infinitely more charm and allure than any mere mortal. He is...
            The Exalted

The Greatest Tutorials Known To Man

Comment

<<---- Lookie, Lookie! Thanks for making my new avatar Signus!
              Last edited by AfterMidnight; November 5, 2009, 01:03 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Nice of you to introduce yourself, i love the articles you write and can't wait until your next one.
                Your writing style is great and i and definitely most people on this site appreciate all the time you put into this site.

On a different note, congratz on the new avatar it looks AWESOME

In the name of the best within me, I radiate a light by which others may see their own way in dark streets of life while I pursue my quest for excellence with an urge to serve others at whatever cost as I rise to the occasion, staying true to my ideals, beliefs and commitments and as the heroes of all time have guided me by example, so shall I guide you with my strength and dedication to persevere and endure all responsibilities on this trail of bliss and perfection-the path of The Exalted.

Comment

Thanks for the mini bio. I rarely read a whole news post if it's more than 2 paragraphs but yours are keeping me intrigued to the end. Your articles are very good, keep it up.
                  Are you a writer in real life?
                  He is the terror that flaps in the night! He is the bubble gum that sticks in MPAA's hair! He is the itch RIAA cannot reach! He taught Jack Sparrow piracy! He can roundhouse kick Chuck Norris! He is The Exalted!

The beginning of wisdom is found in doubting; by doubting we come to the question, and by seeking we may come upon the truth.
                  Pierre Abelard

Comment

You are really skillful in writing and enjoying th articles you are sharing with us. Nice sense of humor you got mate. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to reading the new one.

Comment

Yep. Working on a new one, now. Don't know when it will get finished, though. I have to hear from a lot of people first.

And actually, I'm a manager at a fast-food restaurant (or for Brits: a burger). Unemployment sucked!

But I've always wanted to get into writing and/or voice over work. Never have quite figured out how to break in to that. Thanks for the compliments, guys and gals! I really appreciate them.

sigpic

Comment

It's great to see you so enthusiastic in your work here. I really am enjoying the articles you've been posting. You make your articles soo interesting. For example your article on "**_* is MIA". I would usually give to f***** about **_*, but i read your article and actually enjoyed it.
                        Anything you need just shout, i'll be glad to help out!

Oh and of course! Before i forget. Loving the avatar :D

Keep up the good work
                        Sam
                        My G/A HERE

All new members please read HERE!

My General Forum. Please feel free to join
                        http://anythingforum.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X