This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What AV/Firewall/Suite do you use?

Just wondering how protected people are :001_tongue:. What are you using as a firewall and/or anti-virus?

As for me I like internet security suites and ATM I'm using Norton Internet Security 2009. Takes up minimal resources and is very effective.

I don't use Antiviruses - fucks up my upload speed.
    I do use Comodo Firewall.

Comment

I Recommend ESET Nod32...

Very gud

Comment

Kaspersky internet security 2009

Comment

Originally posted by D3lit3 View Post
          As for me I like internet security suites and ATM I'm using Norton Internet Security 2009. Takes up minimal resources and is very effective.
          This can't be right. O_o Norton & Minimal resources... It's the fucking most bloated thing around you can possibly find. O_o It slow your pc down dramatically, there a whole bunch of computer stores that even uninstall it if it comes preinstalled since it so terribly bloated and fuckes the system even more than a virus could do... Not even to speak about how bad it acts, false alarms, nothing letting anything through, breaking your pc's software in pieces maybe more than a virus would...

Okay, enough bloating about Norton. I am using Avira AntiVir & Comodo Firewall Pro which happen to be the best in the market according to latest test, and Comodo firewall is completely free and Avira AntiVir has a free edition I am using. =)
          I like them. ^^ Also using SpyWare doctor for occasional Spyware that might be around. =) Find this the combination that works the best, only a bit unsure about SpyWare doctor but it can't be too bad and I keep an eye on it. ^^

* Greetings, Elonoir. *

Comment

eset smart security

Comment

Originally posted by Elonoir View Post
              This can't be right. O_o Norton & Minimal resources... It's the fucking most bloated thing around you can possibly find. O_o It slow your pc down dramatically, there a whole bunch of computer stores that even uninstall it if it comes preinstalled since it so terribly bloated and fuckes the system even more than a virus could do... Not even to speak about how bad it acts, false alarms, nothing letting anything through, breaking your pc's software in pieces maybe more than a virus would...

Okay, enough bloating about Norton. I am using Avira AntiVir & Comodo Firewall Pro which happen to be the best in the market according to latest test, and Comodo firewall is completely free and Avira AntiVir has a free edition I am using. =)
              I like them. ^^ Also using SpyWare doctor for occasional Spyware that might be around. =) Find this the combination that works the best, only a bit unsure about SpyWare doctor but it can't be too bad and I keep an eye on it. ^^

* Greetings, Elonoir. *
              Yeah that's the rumor. Thing is over the years Norton has dramatically reduced the strain on your computer and the amount of RAM it takes up. Now the 2009 lineup came out and it's safe to say it takes up less RAM then Kaspersky.

This is a pic from my Task Manager;

It takes up 2MB! That's a whole internet security suite!

Comment

Are you sure there aren't any tasks running in the background that have a different name and don't have the symantac attachment? Since I have experienced suckiness has, and I hated it. >.< That that can be turned around...
                Also how much does it fight viruses? Succes rate and false positives? (I know Avira is one of the best if not the best, since it shows on many tests.)

Comment

Originally posted by Elonoir View Post
                  Are you sure there aren't any tasks running in the background that have a different name and don't have the symantac attachment? Since I have experienced suckiness has, and I hated it. >.< That that can be turned around...
                  Also how much does it fight viruses? Succes rate and false positives? (I know Avira is one of the best if not the best, since it shows on many tests.)
                  Nope, no hidden resources or anything. The 2009's suite man goal was to reduce RAM usage and CPU strain, now it's literally not noticeable at all taking up only 3MB.

It's also #1 in malware protection and it has the best firewall around, keeping out exploits and leak tests while letting good programs connect. For example I had KIS2009, there were some serious problems with uTorrent. Now with Norton I just clicked on Allow and everything downloads and uploads at max.

Security Suites Speed Up - Norton Internet Security 2009 - At A Glance - Reviews by PC Magazine

Read the review for more info :001_smile:

IMO best suite I ever used, doesn't interfere with file transfers or gaming etc.

Comment

AVG anti-virus, spywareblaster and Windows Firewall, although usually i'll use Comodo, just haven't got round to installing it. Never had a serious virus.

Comment

ESET Smart Security, moved over from Norton's which was a huge resource hog and a real pain in the butt.

Comment

Currently using Avast. When gaming online, switch to NOD32, uses less resources.

Comment

Originally posted by D3lit3 View Post
                          Security Suites Speed Up - Norton Internet Security 2009 - At A Glance - Reviews by PC Magazine

Read the review for more info :001_smile:

IMO best suite I ever used, doesn't interfere with file transfers or gaming etc.
                          Don't really trust PC magazine for long time security testing, this has been done on a much larger time scale and that isn't possibly in the context of the magazine they are producing will take a quick look in to it though and trust you a bit on your word. And I am still not going back to it. ;)

Comment

zone alarm suite....but it doesnt work on my vista machine as well as on the xp......less features on vista version as well
                            power user: what.cd, bitme,Hdbits.org,bitmetv,SCC,TL,RevTT,BCG

member: waffles, CE, TvT

looking for GFT

Comment

ESET Smart Security and never had a problem with that
                              ****ANTI-TRADER****

How to give iGiver: Click here for tutorial !
                              How to give Rep: Click here for Tutorial !

Looking For: F*N and **-*

Comment

Working...
                              X