How many of you pay for cable or satellite TV v.s. internet only? POLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you pay for cable or satellite TV v.s. internet only? POLL

Curious as to how many of you are cord cutters.
    I went internet streaming only 4 years ago and never looked back! At this point there are very few pay channels I can't get for free, and only a few I occasionally have problems streaming live.
    Pay for Cable/Satellite
    28.57%
    Only Internet
    71.43%
    Last edited by vic_c; September 14, 2016, 09:28 AM.

Cable, but will be moving at some point and will attempt to live without it. Will miss CC and CN (for adult swim). Won't be too bad; i'll have WWE network and HBO Now at that time.

Comment

I use DVB-T, I believe that's the European variant of DTTV. It's like 10 euros for 1 subscription and 4 for every additional one. So it's like 18 euros a month for me. I watch most TV online though, but sometimes when I come home I don't feel like nitpicking what to watch, so I just watch Comedy Central which is also about the only reason I have it.

Comment

All I have is internet, cable/satelite got too expensive for me, and with netflix and torrents, i'm not missing much. Except sports of course. Now I have to go somewhere to watch the seahawks

Comment

What was that? Me.. pay for something?

Though seriously, just get the dozen free-to-air tv channels and my online stuff.

Comment

As long as U.S. cable providers keep jacking their prices while reducing their service, I'll never subscribe to cable/television service EVER again.

Comment

The amount of content just from Netflix is enough to keep me entertained forever, let alone getting content from torrents. At this point nowadays it's stupid to fork over $$$ for cable companies to watch ads, then get interrupted by more ads, whilst they raise the insane monthly prices. Everything else I get online, especially news which I go to Reddit quite often. An upcoming Sports match I just go to a bar or public viewing downtown.

Comment

I only have cable during the NHL playoffs and then I take everything back with some nonsense about how the service isn't acceptable to avoid any hassle.

Comment

We still pay for cable at our house since my parents don't want to learn about anything related to technology. Although I set up Netflix and Plex on the smart tv they still refuse to cut the cord. But no cable in my room, completely independant with my pirating .

Comment

lol I have not thought about this in forever ha ha. Ben 9 years since I watched "tv" now just stream NFL and PPV stuff the only way I see commercials thanks to adblockplus removing them from youtube ; )

Originally posted by spacepilot
                    Netflix is enough to keep me entertained forever

I blasted through netflix in about 5 months, but they are nice for stand up.

Comment

Does it matter if I only pay 5$ extra for cable? It's only worth 5$ to me though.

Comment

It's been 3 years since I had a cable bill. Everything you need now is on-line and streaming. As long as I'm getting my NFL games, I'm a happy camper ;)

Comment

I used to balance out a cable basic package and medium internet about five years ago.

Then I thought about my dream scenario. Do I want all the stupid channels that they offer? No, I'd have the fastest internet I could without a cap.

I looked into it, and it came to 10 dollars more. Cancelled other stuff that I didn't need and presto, affordable.

Best decision I ever made.
                          Last edited by KrshNBurn; December 5, 2016, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Freeview. Iptv. Kodi. Plex. Don't see the point in paying 60 a month for TV full of repeats

Comment

I think these days with cord cutting being what it is, most of us will probably be in the "Internet Only" category. I haven't had traditional cable / satellite service for years. I use a mix of automated search utilities, etc. and personal searching to get TV shows and movies for watching. It's been a personal project of mine, and it's a lot of fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X