[Quick Poll] Do You Attend The Gym?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Quick Poll] Do You Attend The Gym?

Just creating a poll to see if people who happen to be pirates too (lol) have other activities such as going to the gym or not.

Thanks for your participation and feel free to comment using the "reply" button.
    Yes, of course!
    52.17%
    No!
    47.83%

LOL I guess no response is actually a response. No one here works out it seems. I used to go to the gym regularly in university because it was there and free. Public gyms can get really boring, though. I prefer running, skating, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, etc. I'm not trying to add muscle mass or anything so I do a little yoga and small hand weights at home for muscle tone. Plus, I have a rowing machine at home for when it's too hot to do something outside.

Comment

Sigh. Just another reminder that I need to get my fat ass moving again. I have gone through sporadic gym/exercise regimens over the years, but have not been very active for a while now. So while I sit in front of a computer monitor and feed my face with bad food, I think that it might be nice to create a regimen around planking, kettlebells, and yoga . . . and some walking for light cardio. I can dream.

Comment

Lift weights 5 days a week. Following Michael matthews programme

Comment

what programmes are other people following?

Comment

Originally posted by lovelyjubly View Post
            what programmes are other people following?
            I have my own workout programme based on my specific needs, I do work out 6 days a week though as I am in the intermediate to advanced stage and thus I can benefit from that much volume.
            If anyone's interested and wants to get serious about it message me and I may send you Eric Helms' muscle and strength pyramid books.

Comment

I engage in a variety of exercises inside and outside the gym. Yoga, spin class, weight training, and hiking, to name a few. Great weather outside right about now though, so being outdoors this time of year is preferable. :)

Comment

I used to go for running outside 3-4 times per week. Running makes me alive and healthy. Back in days, as a boy and teenager I was playing football for my village team. These days, I stopped working out due to some health problems. But I am planning to start gym in few months and running again. We'll see.

Comment

used to, not anymore though.

if you want to be fit, a gym isn't necessarily required, they just help you sculpt and focus on specific areas for the "look".

For functional muscle development, you can do bodyweight workouts, calisthenics.
                  For strength, you can focus on compound movements, olympic type lifts: squats, cleans, jerks, dead lifts, etc.... these big movements require not just a few specific muscle areas, but will also work your entire body.

Comment

Was exercising for a while, but then stopped in 2009.
                    Gained about 15 kilos. In the beginning of the year (literally from 1 Jan 2016) returned to the Gym, and lost 15 KG, and will continue for another year (although i don't think i may lose more the 1-2 Kg, probobly will even gain more in muscle)
                    Basically unless a person got health condition, the best way to lose weight are physical exercise (f.e. gym) and monitoring the food/liquid intake.
                    Last edited by Mandigal; December 24, 2016, 11:54 AM.

Comment

sigh An other year i add this to my list, but with exams coming up i make no promises

Comment

I lift weights three days a week to rehab my arm which I injured quite seriously several months ago. I try to do a short cardio three days a week when I am not using weights.

Comment

Anyone else paying for a gym membership that they hardly use? I finally hit the gym a few weeks ago after being "off" for a while. The girl at the check-in counter giggled when I checked in - apparently I hadn't been there in 212 days. Thank God I don't use the public library!

Comment

Working...
                          X